Mushkin Scorpion Deluxe

slightlyjaded

Stuffing around on Ramcity (looking for an NVMe sm951 in australia) and came across this interesting bit of hard ware

https://www.ramcity.com.au/buy/mushkin-scorpion-deluxe-480gb-pcie-2.0-x8-ssd/MKNP44SC480GB-DX

Mushkin scorpion deluxe. It's a PCIe gen 2.0x8 PCIe SSD. Which means it should be compatible with Z87/97 boards. Pretty sure that also means you can boot from something that'll give an NVMe drive a run for it's money. It isn't cheap however. Looking at about $2 AUD/GB.

pci-e ssds arent new there are ones that have over 10tb and super fast since like 2009

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

pci-e ssds arent new there are ones that have over 10tb and super fast since like 2009

I think you might have missed my point. This is a PCIe SSD available to the general public, which while expensive is at a believable price, and rivals the speed of an NVMe ssd while running on old hardware. Yes I believe it's 4 Mushkin SSD drives raided together, but 2GB/s up and down is still pretty impressive.