EVGA 750B2 $59 after MIR at NCIX US - and why it's a great PSU

Aniallation

Thought I'd post this here because PC Part Picker on the list shows that it's actually $79.99 for some reason, and as a general reference for anyone that would like to reference this thread when recommending this PSU

Link: http://www.ncixus.com/products/?usaffiliateid=1000031504&sku=97531&vpn=110-B2-0750-VR&manufacture=eVGA&promoid=1115

The price is $89.99 but there is also a $30 mail-in rebate which puts it at only $59.99 which is a steal for this PSU, if you are looking for a high quality PSU that is at least semi modular, with great headroom for SLI and overclocking, but don't want to pay heaps, look no further.

Too many people suggest the 750G2 as the answer to everything but not everyone needs full modularity or hybrid fan, so those people shouldn't have to waste their money

97531_6.jpg

Jonnyguru on 750B2: http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=393

Internally this unit is a Super Flower Golden Green platform

SaJndFI.jpg

All caps are quality Japanese Nippon Chemi-Con

AqwHkdV.png

Once again we have a clean pass for Silver efficiency, so I have no problemo with that side of the unit's performance.

Let me run the numbers again for voltage regulation. Let's see if the unit does any better than it did cold. Hmm... I get the same 2.7% on the 3.3V rail, so at least that one hasn't done any sliding. On the 5V rail, I now see 2.8%, which is a little bit of a slip. The 12V rail holds firm at 1.1%, however, so the unit is still pretty darn stable all around. The average number for scoring would be 2.2%. Still very good to me.

12V rail voltage regulation is very stable, and at 1.1% regulation is definitely much tighter then the more expensive CX-M that I see recommended all the time, often even more expensive then this PSU, and gets around 2.34% on 12V. 

regulation_12v.gif

And as shown this unit can actually easily hit 80+ Silver levels of efficiency even though it's rated for Bronze. Would definitely rather have an overachieving PSU then an underachieving one.

Performance

Functionality

Value

Build Quality

Total Score

Summary

EVGA's 750 watt B2 unit is a pretty solid product for you budget minded folks out there. It's not the best thing I've ever tested, but it doesn't need to be. When you're targeting a unit at the budget crowd, some things have to be sacrificed. In this case, EVGA tossed out a little non essential performance in favor of giving you a decent and reliable product at a price that won't empty your bank account. This is exactly the kind of unit the market really runs on. Yeah, it's nice to dream about buying one of the more impressive Leadex based units, but if you can't afford one of those you still need a unit that's solid and dependable enough to get you by until you can get one of those beasts.

So far, EVGA's done a pretty good job at giving Corsair, Antec, and Seasonic some real competition in the marketplace, and they haven't made a single misstep since they partnered up with Super Flower. This unit is going to do well for them.

The Good:

• beyond excellent minor rail ripple suppression
  • excellent 12V stability
  • semi-modular
  • 80 Plus Bronze certified, but actually did Silver
  • very good 12V ripple suppression

The Bad:

• some soldering related issues unusual for the OEM

The Mediocre:

• strictly average minor rail regulation

"Rawr XD"

I have this PSU, never let me down...

Specs in Sig.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Why are all the deals always rebates? Would be great to see a price cut so radical like that without the rebates for once...

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I don't know how rebates work. Will the rebate always be there?

I don't know how rebates work. Will the rebate always be there?

The manufacturer (EVGA) usually has a date when the rebate expires. You'll need to mail it in or send e-mail it before then.

Why are all the deals always rebates? Would be great to see a price cut so radical like that without the rebates for once...

There won't be. Rebates can give so much because not everyone does it. If they just gave a price cut, It'll be about half the discount or something like that instead.

Great PSU, just wished the cable braiding was a tad better. But I guess I'm asking for too much haha. xD

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

I don't think rebates are worth it. It takes like 2-4 months!

01101110 01101111 00100000 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100000 01101100 01101111 01110110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101

Main Rig: i7-4790K | Corsair H100i | Asus Z97 | 16GB Ripjaws | 4TB WD Black/512GB SSD | x2 R9 290x | NZXT H440 | HX1000i | 6 Noctuas   [spoiler=SILENT BUILD] Silent build: i5-4460, Be Quiet! Pure Rock, Asrock H97, 8GB HyperX, Samsung 850 Evo 500gb, MSI GTX 970, Be Quiet! Silent Base 800, EVGA Supernova GS 650w 

AMD CPU's. [spoiler=] thats right m8 get 420 no scoped 

I thought it was a 750 graphics card :P 

Kudos to you for making this an informative post - I've been saying this for ages - people automatically recommend the G2 without thinking.

For $49.99 this is a great starting platform that allows extra room for improvements further down the line.

Ended up buying this PSU. You convinced me lol After shipping and taxes, total came out to $96.56. So after MIR it'll be $66.56. Just thought I'll let ppl know.

Great PSU. I had it and it actually ran my 295x2 just fine for a couple of days.

i7-5820k @ 4.6ghz w/ H100i || Asus Sabertooth x99 || Gigabyte 980ti G1 ||  EVGA 980ti SC || 32gb DDR4 2666mhz Gskil || 1tb WD Black HDD || Samsung XP941 256gb M.2 PCIe || EVGA 1300w G2 || Corsair 540 w/ Silverstone Sound Dampening Foam || Logisys RGB Led  || Corsair M65 Mouse  & Corsair RGB k70 || A lot of Corsair SP120s

Hate MIR... I've been turned down before.....never again. Now sure why they just don't cut the cost.

Hate MIR... I've been turned down before.....never again. Now sure why they just don't cut the cost.

You can get turned down?!? D: wtf I didn't know this. Hopefully that won't be the case with me ._.

Yea I bought a laptop from Acer and the $50 rebate got denied for no good reason, then of course by the time it gets denied for "some" mistake... the rebate is too late.

BTW while $50 is way better than full price - I think this one got as low as $35 on Newegg once. But not sure if its an older model.

(Edit: yeah nvm it was the B1 - though what's the difference between that and B2 anyways heh)

• Deals listed by Dealzon help support LMG / Linus Tech Tips
  • More PC game deals here
  • Latest PC game retailers sales here

(Edit: yeah nvm it was the B1 - though what's the difference between that and B2 anyways heh)

Big difference. B1 has awful ripple suppression compared to B2 (and voltage regulation), as it is based on the FSP Raider platform rather then the Super Flower Golden Green platform of the B2. 

"Rawr XD"

Great PSU. I had it and it actually ran my 295x2 just fine for a couple of days.

A 295X2 system barely brushes 700W under load. This PSU will be able to handle it as a main :P

62529.png

power.png

"Rawr XD"

Hey guys I have a question. I just got my psu delivered. Do I have to register the product to activate the warranty? The stupid manual says to just check the website for warranty info. A sticker with some serials says "warranty void if removed" was on the box Saran Wrap. -_-

If they just cut the price then everyone that buys it gets the discount.  They know some will either not know about the rebate, forget about it or will be too lazy to send it in.  This allows rebates to be steeper than price cuts in most cases.  

If they just cut the price then everyone that buys it gets the discount.  They know some will either not know about the rebate, forget about it or will be too lazy to send it in.  This allows rebates to be steeper than price cuts in most cases.  

Yea but for those that have been burned by "rebates" before they generally don't want to be stiffed again so rebates mean next to nothing. I had a rebate myself work out, but then I had another one fail and I did all the paperwork for both and both rebates should have worked. The one I actually paid for worked.... but the one that didn't was my GF's parents laptop. I was just as mad though because it made no sense for them to get denied when I filled it out almost the same way, double checked everything.

BTW while $50 is way better than full price - I think this one got as low as $35 on Newegg once. But not sure if its an older model.

The b1 wasn't nearly as reliable. I think it was actually made by an entirely different manufacturer, I know the B2/G2s are SuperFlower

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

The b1 wasn't nearly as reliable. I think it was actually made by an entirely different manufacturer, I know the B2/G2s are SuperFlower

B1 (and G1) are FSP

"Rawr XD"