Which sennheiser headphone

tvno

So I think I've decided I want a sennheiser headphone with an antlion modmic. What sennheiser headphone is the equivalent sound quality to the sennheiser g4me one/zero? And which headset would be the one above the sound quality of the g4me one/zero? Thanks.

(I wanted the g4me zero/one but I've heard it's cheaper to do a headphone/antlion combo)

EDIT: I want this for gaming and for use with games like CS:GO so positional audio is essential. Also, for this, which is better, open or closed?

Open is often better for positional audio. The G4ME Zero (closed) are most likely based on HD380 Pro, while the open G4ME One are likely based on HD558.

Open is often better for positional audio. The G4ME Zero (closed) are most likely based on HD380 Pro, while the open G4ME One are likely based on HD558.

The 558s are good I wish they were louder. Would a dac/amp improve the power. 

The 558s are good I wish they were louder. Would a dac/amp improve the power. 

Yes it would make it louder. Maybe look at the E10k or something.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

What mobo or audio card do you have? For positional audio, the word is open are better since they have a wider soundstage....even a good close back can like the Alpha Dog have a narrower soundstage compared with, say, my HD555 (at least, to my ears anyway). Since the HD558 (you can consider the HD518, sounds about as good from what I've read) is pretty efficient, why not try with your mobo or soundcard headphone output first? If it doesn't get loud enough for you, you can always get a DAC/amp after establishing that onboard/audio jack doesn't get loud enough for you.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

What mobo or audio card do you have? For positional audio, the word is open are better since they have a wider soundstage....even a good close back can like the Alpha Dog have a narrower soundstage compared with, say, my HD555 (at least, to my ears anyway). Since the HD558 (you can consider the HD518, sounds about as good from what I've read) is pretty efficient, why not try with your mobo or soundcard headphone output first? If it doesn't get loud enough for you, you can always get a DAC/amp after establishing that onboard/audio jack doesn't get loud enough for you.

I have a asus z77 v lk board. All the audio snobs told me to get better cans instead of as cheap dac/amp.