No Sensor Readings On Second 290x

PoLoMoTo

This might have been covered before but I have no idea what to google so I'm just gonna post it here...  I put in a second 290x today and now theres no sensor readings on the first one.  It's probably worth noting that the original 290x is now actually the second as I put the new one above it.

post-4422-0-79622000-1432856806_thumb.pn

Is this normal??  I don't remember my 6950s doing this....

The second GPU is off - it'll automatically shut off to reduce power draw. I bet if you launched a game that supports Crossfire, it'll start up.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

This is a ULPS thing.

You can disable this with afterburner in order to overclock the card etc, but I'd recommend leaving it on once you're using the card normally.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

The second GPU is off - it'll automatically shut off to reduce power draw. I bet if you launched a game that supports Crossfire, it'll start up.

This is a ULPS thing.

You can disable this with afterburner in order to overclock the card etc, but I'd recommend leaving it on once you're using the card normally.

Wonderful, totally forgot about the new power saving mumbo jumbo, thank you!  Just had a minor heart attack lol