Monitor Advice

XPGHawk
Go to solution Solved by ZetZet,

I vote Dell, good stand, IPS, best looking by far, Dell makes superb monitors. also new u series atleast in u2414h have very low input lag.

So I made a post not too long ago asking for similar advice but never got a solid answer on which monitor to get or a solid suggestion out of the ones that were stated in the topic. None the less I have been doing more reading in hope of an answer. Unfortunately I was not successful in my endeavor. So through my searching I have narrowed it down to four monitors. One being the top of my budget. I am a gamer, casual but appreciate decent performance and I also do 3D work and photo editing on the side, reason being all these monitors are IPS. Moving onto the monitors (prices in descending order):

• Asus MG279Q    <Link>
  • Dell U2715H       <Link>
  • Asus MX27AQ    <Link>
  • Asus PB278QR  <Link>

I hope I have provided enough information, if there something I have not said and you'd like to know, don't hesitate :P

Thank you in advance for the help, searching for monitors is quite confusing.

I vote Dell, good stand, IPS, best looking by far, Dell makes superb monitors. also new u series atleast in u2414h have very low input lag.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

The PB278Q is the best value WQHD monitor, good text and picture quality also good gaming performance.

Okay :) is that what you'd spend your money on if you were in my situation? Just curious. Thank you for the advice :)

The PB278Q is the best value WQHD monitor, good text and picture quality also good gaming performance.

Good to know, although is that what you'd spend your money on in this section of monitors or even another monitor you know of that you feel is a better for the money? Thank you as well :)

If i was buying a gaming monitor i wouldnt buy anything else than a IPS widescreen with F/A/Gsync

LG 29um67 - 29inch, IPS, 2560x1080, 75hz, freesync
LG 34um67 - 34inch, IPS, 2560x1080, 75hz, freesync
Acer xr341ck - 34inch, IPS, 3440x1440, 75hz, freesync
Acer xr341cka - 34inch, IPS, 3440x1440, 75hz, gsync
Acer z35 - 35inch, VA, 2560x1080, 144hz, gsync
Benq xr3501 - 35inch, VA, 2560x1080, 144hz, no?-sync

But if gaming is a very minor part of your time and work is a lot of it... then maybe you would benefit from a 2560x1440 monitor more, just cuz the resolution.

Definetly Asus MG279Q  if you can run G-Sync and have GPU's that can run it.

Definetly Asus MG279Q  if you can run G-Sync and have GPU's that can run it.

The MG279Q is setup for freesync and not G-sync, but none the less thx for the input

The MG279Q is setup for freesync and not G-sync, but none the less thx for the input

I think the only one that isn't really a sensible option is the MX27AQ. Unless you're getting it purely for looks the PB278QR is a better choice, with slightly more functionality, arguably better input selection (more diverse at least), and lower price. I would consider the U2715H better than both but I'm not sure if it's worth the price. It combines the sleeker aesthetics of the MX27AQ with the adjustability of the PB278QR, it loses DVI and VGA inputs like the MX27AQ but does have a USB 3.0 hub which the MX lacks. It's really up to you how you want to spend your money, out of these three I'd agree the Dell is the best, but I think the PB278QR is also an excellent monitor. Really just depends on how meaningful the price difference is to you.

The MG279Q is an interesting option, a 144Hz refresh rate is certainly a great benefit for gaming, and it has the same input selection as the Dell (though a few less USB ports on the hub), adjustable stand, excellent color with its IPS panel... Really the best monitor of the bunch, and the price reflects that. FreeSync doesn't really add to the cost, so you're not over-paying for a feature you won't use. The price difference is pretty much in line with what you'd expect for an upgrade to 144Hz compared to 60Hz on the other monitors. It will be great for gaming, again it's your choice whether the price difference is justified for a smoother gaming experience.