Does This Do What I Think it Does? (4G USB Modem)

NInety

I don't have time to read anything about this but someone recommended it to me.

http://www.amazon.com/Verizon-Wireless-Pantech-Aircard-Contract/dp/B00GOAAIMU/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

Do I just need to put in a sim card from Verizon and then I can connect to 4G anywhere that their service is available through USB?

I need to be able to use internet on a laptop in a car while traveling acrossed the US.

I don't know much about 4G LTE, I've only worked with wired connections and local wi-fi.

Are there any other services or devices you would recommend for me?

Looks like it, pretty sure you need to buy the service from Verizon too though.

you have to pay verizon for data

its basically just a 4G USB adapter to get data to a laptop just like with phones

you have to either pay monthly or by the data you use

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

you have to pay verizon for data

its basically just a 4G USB adapter to get data to a laptop just like with phones

you have to either pay monthly or by the data you use

Thanks. I think you just get a phone plan and they give you a sim card for your phone but instead of puting it in the phone, you put it in this.

Thanks. I think you just get a phone plan and they give you a sim card for your phone but instead of puting it in the phone, you put it in this.

yeah but it would be simpler to just get the whole device in one with a plan...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

yeah but it would be simpler to just get the whole device in one with a plan...

yeah, but i don't need a phone

yeah, but i don't need a phone

I never said a phone...

I mean a 3 or 4G USB stick for a laptop

Spoiler

I never said a phone...

I mean a 3 or 4G USB stick for a laptop

That's what this is though.

That's what this is though.

Um, no?

You need to first get this adapter, then buy a sim card with a plan from the company

Or you can just go directly to the company and buy a single USB 3/4G stick with a plan and not need to bother about 2 separate pieces

Also prices will probably be cheaper than paying for a sim that wont actually be used in a phone

Plus you also need to pay the cost of the adapter you linked and shipping, while just buying the USB stick with a plan usually doesnt cost anything

Spoiler

Um, no?

You need to first get this adapter, then buy a sim card with a plan from the company

Or you can just go directly to the company and buy a single USB 3/4G stick with a plan and not need to bother about 2 separate pieces

Also prices will probably be cheaper than paying for a sim that wont actually be used in a phone

Plus you also need to pay the cost of the adapter you linked and shipping, while just buying the USB stick with a plan usually doesnt cost anything

Yeah, I think the adapter is like $30 with a contract 1 or 2 year contract.