New Headpones

VettleBolt
Go to solution Solved by VettleBolt,

Headphones Purchased and are currently In-Transit to my home :D

I am wanting to buy a pair of Sony MDR-1RNC MK2 Headphones I have tried a pair at a Hi-Fi store and they sound very high quality

Is the price tag worth it? ( $570AUD ) Any one who own a pair, Please let me know on your thoughts

- I have a high Paying Job so i can afford it and still be able pay my bills, rent and still have $400 left over from a weeks pay

( Does not mean i'll buy them without looking into them first, i don't want to waste money )

"Life's too Short, Use Express Install" Express install subject to spying
                                        -Microsoft 2015

I am wanting to buy a pair of Sony MDR-1RNC MK2 Headphones I have tried a pair at a Hi-Fi store and they sound very high quality

Is the price tag worth it? ( $570AUD ) Any one who own a pair, Please let me know on your thoughts

- I have a high Paying Job so i can afford it and still be able pay my bills, rent and still have $400 left over from a weeks pay

( Does not mean i'll buy them without looking into them first, i don't want to waste money )

I don't know how USD converts to AUD when you factor in taxes and stuff, but I know lots of people were satisfied with their 1R MK1, so I can only imagine they improved upon it for the MK2

it's certainly a hefty price for headphones though. still a better deal than Beats Pro

I don't know how USD converts to AUD when you factor in taxes and stuff, but I know lots of people were satisfied with their 1R MK1, so I can only imagine they improved upon it for the MK2

it's certainly a hefty price for headphones though. still a better deal than Beats Pro

I'm thinking of buying from amazon over retail, i can save around $100

-Microsoft 2015

I'm thinking of buying from amazon over retail, i can save around $100

I'll usually go a little over amazon prices to help out a retail store where I can see the product before I buy, but $100 is a lot. I'd do the same, and it makes the price much more reasonable.

I'll usually go a little over amazon prices to help out a retail store where I can see the product before I buy, but $100 is a lot. I'd do the same, and it makes the price much more reasonable.

Oh i've seen and tried the Headphones, they sound Great, i'm just looking for peoples opinions 

-Microsoft 2015

Oh i've seen and tried the Headphones, they sound Great, i'm just looking for peoples opinions 

Well, usually people are asking for opinions if they've never tried it, and got no options of trying it before buying. If you've tried it, then the judgment/decision is entirely yours.

For example, say I tried an unnamed, unbranded headphones that I love to the bone. Then no matter what people say, or maybe hate it, I'd still get it. 

Found them on Amazon for 344AUD, that's $226 i'll save

-Microsoft 2015

Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooold up!

$570 for a pair of headphones? NO!

Please don't get them, they are way too overpriced. Get something a bit cheaper, I think @ShadowCaptain has some real nice ones, can't remember their name though.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooold up!

Please don't get them, they are way too overpriced. Get something a bit cheaper, I think @ShadowCaptain has some real nice ones, can't remember their name though.

Never go With cheap headphones when looking for audio Quality

-Microsoft 2015

Those are Australian dollars, so it's not too crazy.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Australia, Land of Overpriced Electronics 

Buying off amazon and saving 200+AUD

-Microsoft 2015

Actually it is. I really nice pair of headphones here is about $300-$350, Once you go above that it starts to become a little stupid. But $570?? That's more than the most expensive 970 on the market!

Australia, Land of Overpriced Electronics 

Buying off amazon and saving 200+AUD

Indeed, but $570 for some headphones is too much...

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Actually it is. I really nice pair of headphones here is about $300-$350, Once you go above that it starts to become a little stupid. But $570?? That's more than the most expensive 970 on the market!

a GTX 980 ( What i have ) From EVGA is about $800

i got a Galax GTX 980, it was about $670 only difference is EVGA gives you 1 year more on your warranty 

-Microsoft 2015

That's like, your opinion man.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

You're talking to a guy who uses a $1400 headphone tho....

It all depends on every individual's point of view and what they appreciate.

A lot of people still think good graphic cards are overkill, and they keep on using onboard VGA for their PC. Similarly, there are people who pays $5000+ for a stupid tiny mineral rock, but try explaining it to the women....

You're talking to a guy who uses a $1400 headphone tho....

I got $200 off. Then I think I had to pay tax.  :blink:

I think of a guy who is a good worker, good wage, 100k a year. Above average but not insane. Say post tax $75k, 25k for expenses, 50k a year to blow of whatever. $1000 is really just a drop in the bucket. On the same token, some people are below the poverty line and they honestly cannot afford more than what they are proposing. dats life

trainn.jpg?1260328965

Headphones Purchased and are currently In-Transit to my home :D

-Microsoft 2015

Why didn't you wait another 24 hours before purchasing, lol.

Becasue it was the last one in stock

-Microsoft 2015