Anyone good with Adobe After Effects?

This program has the stupidest exporting system I've ever seen. I can export a file faster in Windows Movie Maker... I just want to export a file as an MP4 that's it. Instead, it can only do AVI or Quick Time. Apparently they took out the MP4 option so now I have to use something called Adobe Media Encoder but I can't get any downloads to work at all.

How do I actually export a video without it taking forever? I don't really care what the format is as long as it works and isn't over 100GB in my HDD. Thanks in advance.

This program has the stupidest exporting system I've ever seen. I can export a file faster in Windows Movie Maker... I just want to export a file as an MP4 that's it. Instead, it can only do AVI or Quick Time. Apparently they took out the MP4 option so now I have to use something called Adobe Media Encoder but I can't get any downloads to work at all.

How do I actually export a video without it taking forever? I don't really care what the format is as long as it works and isn't over 100GB in my HDD. Thanks in advance.

Use H264.

Desktop 1: CPU: Intel Core i7 4770  GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 Ram: Crucial DDR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB and Segate 1TB Hard drive  Desktop 2: CPU: Intel Pentium G3258  GPU: AMD R7 250  Ram: Corsair Vengance DRR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Mobo: MSI H81M-E33  PSU: Corsair CX430M  Case: Rosewill MicroAtx Mini Tower

Use Quicktime with H264. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Use H264.

Use Quicktime with H264. 

^ How? They don't show up anywhere. Quicktime does but no H264.

^ How? They don't show up anywhere. Quicktime does but no H264.

Did you click Format Options?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Did you click Format Options?

Yeah, I don't have Quicktime though but it still lets me use it... Also I can't download AME because I can't find a proper download anywhere. I'm using After Effects CC 2014 which I'm pretty sure is not as good as the older ones...

Yeah, I don't have Quicktime though but it still lets me use it... Also I can't download AME because I can't find a proper download anywhere. I'm using After Effects CC 2014 which I'm pretty sure is not as good as the older ones...

Can you show a screenshot of the settings?

Can you show a screenshot of the settings?

Do I need to have Quicktime installed?

Don't think so.

Don't think so.

You may or you may not have to install it. But I remember quite some time ago, when I tried exporting in Quicktime format from Premiere, it was nowhere to be found. Later on, I figured I don't have Quicktime installed. After Installing, there it is in Premiere. 

What are you doing in After Effects anyway? Why is it taking much time to export? Just curious.  :)

I want to build a rig, but I'm not a gamer.   :mellow:

What are you doing in After Effects anyway? Why is it taking much time to export? Just curious.  :)

Probably not using H264.

Adobe Media Encoder is easy to download?

https://creative.adobe.com/products/media-encoder

Also, After Effects is not an alternative to Windows Movie Maker (and is not usually what you export from), it's for special effects. I would think Premiere is what you want to be editing your timeline in, and using After Effects to add special effects to clips in Premiere.

Ok so go to your main timeline where your animation is and press -> Ctrl + M

It should open up the render que as shown below :

nns6ys.jpg

Select lossless then under format select quicktime :

54w3uq.jpg

Finally click format options then select under video codec as h264 :

30vhl61.jpg

Hope that helps :)

Wow, surprised no one knows about this. Don't worry, @yourdad165 this frustrates a lot of people. Basically, they took out H.264 in After Effects' Render Queue since CC 2014. If you want to know why, read here:   http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2014/06/adobe-media-encoder-h-264-mpeg-2-wmv-after-effects.html.

I personally wouldn't use H.264 through Quicktime. You still end up with an .mov as it's just encoding into the Quicktime format still. You have 2 other options:

1. Use Media Encoder. Honestly, this is the preferred way. It does feel a little janky, but the renderer's much better and you can work while you render. This is what Adobe will tell you to do.

2. Link to Premiere and export from there. This is even more janky, but since the typical workflow is to be working on a master project in premiere and link to AE comps, you can just render them through Premiere. Thing is, this is technically the same as option 1 as they use the same rendering system.

You used to be able to show 'deprecated' formats like H.264 but they've removed that now too. So I suggest getting used to Media Encoder.

Workstation: i7-4930k | Asus Rampage IV Gene | Reference GTX 780 | 32GB Crucial Ballistix | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO | Corsair RM650 | MidNight Black BitFenix Prodigy M

Old Rigi5-2500k @ 4.7 GHz | Asus P8P67 Deluxe | EVGA GTX 560 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | 240 GB Samsung 830 Pro | 1TB Hitachi | CoolerMaster Storm Scout (1)