ssd has less space than it should

So I just got a Samsung 850 evo 250 ssd and I am aware that some memory is lost from conversions and formatting, and the average I found that people where left with is abut 230 however my computer tells me that their is only 220 when I look through file explorer but when I look at Samsung magician software it says i have 232.89 dose anyone have idea why this might be and if their is anything i can do to get the other 12.89 Gb back? 

That's normal. A 32GB USB stick will only have 29.7GB available for you to use. Hardware wise you'll have 232.89GB, but after formatting you're left with 220-something.

My ADATA SP900 M.2 256GB only leaves me with 231GB to use.

"Rawr XD"

yup, formatting takes up a bit of space, and if you are booting off of it windows will partition off about 2 GB for whatever reason

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

yup, formatting takes up a bit of space, and if you are booting off of it windows will partition off about 2 GB for whatever reason

This as well. "System reserved"

"Rawr XD"

It might also have the page file taken off it. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

It might also have the page file taken off it. 

Pagefile will always be included within that size. Its a system file :)

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Here is your missing space:

-> Storage space on the driver is measured as being 1GB = 1000MB, while in the computer world, which works in power of base 2. It is 1GB = 10024MB. Due to this, you have less storage in reality then what is on the drive

-> Drive Format, as mentioned, reduces the capacity a bit, and that varies between them

-> SSDs have a reserved space. A percentage of the drive that is inaccessible, locked down via firmware (although some SDD software allows to communicate with the firmware and allows you change the percentage by a few percentage points). This is called Over-Provisioning, and this is used to replace storage blocks that were overly used by the drive nand chips 'limited' writes. It is a way to expend the life of the SSD drive.

Samsung has a nice article about it, if you want to read more about it in greater details: http://www.samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/minisite/SSD/global/html/whitepaper/whitepaper05.html

-> Windows creates multiple partitions. If your system is using the old BIOS, or you set your UEFI mode to emulate the old BIOS (CSM enabled under UEFI), then you'll have 1 hidden partition. This partition will have Windows recovery tools so that you can access recovery tools the system without the OS disk. You have System Restore, command prompt, memory diagnostic, System image recovery, and startup repair.

If your system uses (and fully compliant) UEFI (CSM disabled and drive formatted as GPT), then you'll have a additional partition, which contains the boot files.

So all the above reduces the free space.

I also moved the thread to Storage Solution forum section.