How much further should I push this card?

improbablepants

So, I ran my 7870 in FurMark with 8xMSAA at 1280*1024 (native res) for an hour (I left for dinner, came back and the counter was at 59min  :D) at these settings, and got consistent FPS without artifacting.

7gDKv0f.png

From tinkering on my own, it seems that the Core is more pushable than the memory, but I want a second opinion before I continue. Thoughts?

looking back, probs shouldn't have posted this right before the wan show. Ah well

“I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart

Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

At that resolution, I wouldn't touch it. Even at stock, the 7870 can max anything at such a low res.

I know that, I just want to ramp it as much as possible, just for keks.

“I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart

Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

Push it - Push it - Push it real good! :P

I wouldn't mess with it, but that's just me. Unless it's just an extra card that's sitting around and you want to deliberately see how much it takes to fry it. If that's the case, I'll take it off your hands....

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.