Razer Kraken Pro Alternatives (Help)

HighTech Media

I had my pair of Razer Kraken Pros for about 2 years now and the cable finally quit working. I had a great experience with the headsets, it was good sound in my opinion. I want to move on to a better headset; I

have been watching videos on how gaming headsets suck and how you can buy non gaming headsets for a much better quality and cheaper price. Is there any Sennheiser headsets better than the krakens

but at almost the same price? I was looking into these but im not sure if they are better or not, my budget is $65

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-439-Headphones-Black/dp/B005N8W1TM/ref=sr_1_21?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1432173824&sr=1-21&keywords=sennheiser+headphones

Thanks! 

Professional Graphic Designer on Youtube, HighTech Media.

To begin with, I don't see a mic on these anywhere. If you want one, keep looking, if not, I've tried these and they're pretty good for the price. If you want a mic, I'd suggest that you find a way to get your hands on a set of HyperX Cloud headphones. You could probably buy a set used in your price range, just look around.

Useful threads: Code of Conduct || Unofficial LTT Beginners Guide || Forum FAQ

CPU: Intel Core i5 4440 GPU: GTX 760 MOBO: Asrock Z97 Anniversary RAM: 8GB Adata @ 1600 Mhz Case: Define R4 SSD: Kingston V300 128 GB

HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda NAS: 3TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID 1 PSU: EVGA 600B (600W 80+ Bronze) Display: LG 23MP75 (1080p IPS @ 60hz) 

get the HyperX Cloud 1 or 2 if your budget is only 65$. I'm not even sure you can get those, they are normally around $80. However, they have zero plastic at all (full aluminum) and come with a bunch of adapters, so they are built like a tank. The detachable microphone is great because you can use them as normal headphones as well. Also, when my microphone broke due to static electricity (not their fault), their customer support was great. They are honestly the only gaming headset I would buy for under $100.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

+1 for the HyperX cloud, just bought a pair for $98 nzd. Well worth the price and super comfortable!!! and since your on this website I recommend watching this 

pretty much sums up how awesome that headset is for the price :)

I had my pair of Razer Kraken Pros for about 2 years now and the cable finally quit working. I had a great experience with the headsets, it was good sound in my opinion. I want to move on to a better headset; I

have been watching videos on how gaming headsets suck and how you can buy non gaming headsets for a much better quality and cheaper price. Is there any Sennheiser headsets better than the krakens

but at almost the same price? I was looking into these but im not sure if they are better or not, my budget is $65

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-439-Headphones-Black/dp/B005N8W1TM/ref=sr_1_21?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1432173824&sr=1-21&keywords=sennheiser+headphones

Thanks! 

Not for that price, gaming headsets do suck but you need atleast $150 to get anything decent+ a mod mic 

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Not for that price, gaming headsets do suck but you need atleast $150 to get anything decent+ a mod mic 

Superlux HD681 EVO or HD668B are normally around $30 - $40. Zalman ZM-MIC1 clip-on mic adds another $5 - $10. This combo will demolish "gaming headsets", and won't cost much.

Superlux HD681 EVO or HD668B are normally around $30 - $40. Zalman ZM-MIC1 clip-on mic adds another $5 - $10. This combo will demolish "gaming headsets", and won't cost much.

it won't "demolish" a gaming headset in fact it would probably be annoying and crappy considering you would have to deal with the extra annoying wires on the clip on mic or mod mic, the sound quality would be about the same as a good gaming headset such as the clouds. Going with a mod mic or zalman is only really good once you reach a certain amount of money.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

it won't "demolish" a gaming headset in fact it would probably be annoying and crappy considering you would have to deal with the extra annoying wires on the clip on mic or mod mic, the sound quality would be about the same as a good gaming headset such as the clouds. Going with a mod mic or zalman is only really good once you reach a certain amount of money.

No, not really. You don't have spend a lot to get good audio as long as you are willing to do some research. And the clip-on mic won't be an issue if you clip it to the cable as it is supposed to be. Practically just one cable at that point. It also removes the common headset problem where the output leaks into input and people on the other side can hear everything your PC is playing.

No, not really. You don't have spend a lot to get good audio as long as you are willing to do some research. And the clip-on mic won't be an issue if you clip it to the cable as it is supposed to be. Practically just one cable at that point. It also removes the common headset problem where the output leaks into input and people on the other side can hear everything your PC is playing.

That's not a common problem, I've never had anyone have that problem, maybe it's something with really really low end headsets?

That's not a common problem, I've never had anyone have that problem, maybe it's something with really really low end headsets?

It can happen with most headsets due to the headphone and mic cables being so close to each other. There's been quite a few reports of the issue in the Audio sub-forum over the years. It has usually been headsets by SteelSeries, Razer, and other gaming headset companies though.