Looking for headphones for ~$150-200

Tirant

I've been looking around for a pair of headphones to go with my new gaming PC, and I was wondering what people's picks are. These will mainly be used for games, so I'm not sure what I should be looking for vs. a set meant for music. At the end of the day, I just want to feel the explosions and be as immersed as possible (which is probably what everyone wants). Thanks!

Well I suggest you get an open pair of headphones and this is my recommandation:

-beyerdynamic dt990 a combination of amazing positional audio and very pronounced bass these are very musical and as said got a very good bass

-audio technica ath ad900x simply put these are the most comptitive can in those price range positional audio is crazy accurate and large but the bass is not as pronounced.

So it's about wanting to sacrifice some comptitivness for fun sound.

Sennheiser HD 598s. A great all-around set and is only $148 

Signature unda construction... in the meantime. Tell me more about yourself. I'm sure you've got an interesting story.

Specific problem or the usual: no money, no peace, not enough sleep, not enough food

I've been looking around for a pair of headphones to go with my new gaming PC, and I was wondering what people's picks are. These will mainly be used for games, so I'm not sure what I should be looking for vs. a set meant for music. At the end of the day, I just want to feel the explosions and be as immersed as possible (which is probably what everyone wants). Thanks!

Philips Fidelio X1

Find a pair used for $140-$180.  Its an amazing pair of headphones.  I love mine, also bought used.  Just make sure you replace the stock cable.  I replaced mine with a mediabridge cable and the headphones came to life.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."