Case choice for best window view of custom loop?

gt403cyl

So I'm planning a custom cooling loop for my PC but I am on the fence if I want to get a new case or work with what I have....

I really love the overall look of the Phantom windowed edition I have I just wish the window covered the whole side.

Current build: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/6fRHD3

Pics:

Window:

DKt0PT9.jpg

Side off lights on: 

nclMyAm.jpg

Side off lights off:

PTxNOWr.jpg

Basically I want to use a tube res I don't mind a bay res and I have 3 empty bays I could take advantage of, but I really do like the look of the tube res.

The problem I have is with the side on it covers the spot I was looking to put the res/pump (bottom right) between the bottom fans and the HDD cage (would be a rad there also).

I thought about between the motherboard and the Optical drive bays, but with the Vapor-x I am not sure it would fit without being a short little res...  (I will likely be replacing the GPU before building the loop so that is still an option but I won't know what the replacement will be until the next few months when the 390 AMD and 980Ti/Metal cards are out.)

So my questions are:

What cases would you suggest that would fit the build including being able to show off the loop? (not afraid to mod the case just would prefer not to if not needed)

If you suggest using the 630, where would be a good mounting spot for say one of these pump/res combos...

http://www.performance-pcs.com/ek-xres-140-d5-vario-incl-pump.html

http://www.performance-pcs.com/d5-photon-170-reservoir-pump-combo.html

http://www.performance-pcs.com/d5-photon-270-reservoir-pump-combo.html

I'm looking for more of a bigger side window, I do like black or gunmetal, the theme will be black/dark with blue/UV blue liquid/tube and lights.

Budget is about $250 CAD for the case.

Thanks in advance.

Here are some:

• Phanteks Enthoo Pro (Water Cooler's Dream)
  • NZXT H440
  • NZXT S340
  • Corsair SPEC 0(1,2,3) For a budget.
  • Corsair 750D

There are plenty more aswell. Just have a look at images of them and decide which one has the nicest window for you :)

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Best case to show off a custom loop? The tou. At a grand to buy one though you'd have to be fricking nuts.

post-184582-0-80999600-1430806803_thumb.

Best case to show off a custom loop? The tou. At a grand to buy one though you'd have to be fricking nuts.

attachicon.giftou-004.jpg

It's a grand? I thought that was a custom built PC with the tou as the case!

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Yeah not looking to go that route, lol 

I guess I should narrow it down a bit, I'm looking for more of a bigger side window, I do like black or gunmetal, the theme will be black/dark with blue/UV blue liquid/tube and lights.

Budget is about $250 CAD for the case.

It's a grand? I thought that was a custom built PC with the tou as the case!

It's something I found while surfing the internet, love the concept, but the case itself isn't my favorite. It normally looks like mirrored glass, until you backlight it, then the case becomes translucent.

It's something I found while surfing the internet, love the concept, but the case itself isn't my favorite. It normally looks like mirrored glass, until you backlight it, then the case becomes translucent.

Yeah, I like the idea of it to. It seems a tad overpriced though.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

If you want to go balls to the wall you can consider a corsair 900D, but realistically speaking a 750D or enthoo pro would make more sense.

Personally I like the enthoo pro a lot (even though not being a water cooler I would have no use for one), but in the end you should buy the one YOU like the most :)

We expect a build log, don't disappoint!

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

If you want to go balls to the wall you can consider a corsair 900D, but realistically speaking a 750D or enthoo pro would make more sense.

Personally I like the enthoo pro a lot (even though not being a water cooler I would have no use for one), but in the end you should buy the one YOU like the most :)

We expect a build log, don't disappoint!

I understand and agree I'm going to get what I like, just wanted some suggestions as I'm not super familiar with different cases.

I've actually been looking at CaseLabs and the SMA8 with the XXL window and not because of a certain yellow themed build although I do like it..... The price is a bit more than double what I was looking to spend on it.

I have some time before I'm going to rebuild so I may save a bit more cash if I have the goal of a specific case.

I will definitely be making a build log for this build as it will be my most involved build to date so no worries there.

How about something in thermaltake's coreX range, I'm seeing them at about 200CAD, show show off water cooling well, not sure how it is to build in.

I understand and agree I'm going to get what I like, just wanted some suggestions as I'm not super familiar with different cases.

I've actually been looking at CaseLabs and the SMA8 with the XXL window and not because of a certain yellow themed build although I do like it..... The price is a bit more than double what I was looking to spend on it.

I have some time before I'm going to rebuild so I may save a bit more cash if I have the goal of a specific case.

I will definitely be making a build log for this build as it will be my most involved build to date so no worries there.

Case Labs is the Ferrari of cases, they do tend to cost a lot of money. They are awesome, don't get me wrong, but if you're not a seasoned water cooling expert you probably don't really need one. But again, they are never a bad choice if you can fork out the money. Check out Jay on youtube, he has a lot of watercooling videos and his own main rig is in a caselabs case.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Case Labs is the Ferrari of cases, they do tend to cost a lot of money. They are awesome, don't get me wrong, but if you're not a seasoned water cooling expert you probably don't really need one. But again, they are never a bad choice if you can fork out the money. Check out Jay on youtube, he has a lot of watercooling videos and his own main rig is in a caselabs case.

I'm aware of skunkworks that's the "certain yellow themed build" I mentioned, lol

I don't mind spending money on quality I am by no means an expert with water cooling but I have some experience.

I did look at the thermaltake cases and is an option.

I think I'll wait a bit for other suggestions before adding a case to my list of things to buy.

I'm aware of skunkworks that's the "certain yellow themed build" I mentioned, lol

Oh, I missed that ^^

come back to us with your final decision when you're ready then! gl!

sudo chmod -R 000 /*