Normal hdd response time?

KirbyTech

I have been looking at my drive response time and have noticed it is from around .5 seconds to 2 seconds is this normal or is it a sign my drives are failing? Really hope it is the former...

I have been looking at my drive response time and have noticed it is from around .5 seconds to 2 seconds is this normal or is it a sign my drives are failing? Really hope it is the former...

What software are you using to test this? I'll post some results of my working drives to see if it's abnormal or not :)

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

What software are you using to test this? I'll post some results of my working drives to see if it's abnormal or not :)

I just noticed it while in win 8.1 task manager. 

I just noticed it while in win 8.1 task manager. 

Nvr mind, both were at idle. The SSD bounces between 0.7 to 2.3 it seems. Sometimes it goes to 0. Randomly bounces a lot.

EDIT: Just saw of high of 24 kb/s when searching in the File Explorer. You're doing fine man. Use something like Acronis to check drive health.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Hey KirbyTech,

Those are normal response times. If you doubt your storage drives, get a diagnostic tool from your manufacturer and run tests on your drives to make sure they are reliable and healthy. :)

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

Hey KirbyTech,

Those are normal response times. If you doubt your storage drives, get a diagnostic tool from your manufacturer and run tests on your drives to make sure they are reliable and healthy. :)

Captain_WD.

Thank, where would I find that on the WD site, as all of my hard drives are WD. 

Nvr mind, both were at idle. The SSD bounces between 0.7 to 2.3 it seems. Sometimes it goes to 0. Randomly bounces a lot.

EDIT: Just saw of high of 24 kb/s when searching in the File Explorer. You're doing fine man. Use something like Acronis to check drive health.

Those are transfer speeds not response time.

Thank, where would I find that on the WD site, as all of my hard drives are WD. 

WD's tool is called WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostic tool. You can find it here: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=Y5yGr5
The quick test checks the drive's S.M.A.R.T. status and can give you a pretty good idea of what the drive's health condition is. If you are not sure what means what, you can post the smart status here. :)
The extended test checks the drive for any bad sectors that might have appeared on the drive. 

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/