My b-day + life time savings

I've seen people avoiding the V300 SSD like it's cancer. I'd suggest changing to a more reliable SSD. Like the crucial MX series.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I've seen people avoiding the V300 SSD like it's cancer. I'd suggest changing to a more reliable SSD. Like the crucial MX series.

haha ok thx

Ditto. Kingston sneakily changed the V300 SSDNow's NAND controller without telling anyone, but still advertises the old one & old read/write speeds. It's not a reliable SSD by any stretch of the Imagination and should be avoided. Try the Crucial MX100 or Crucial BX100 instead. 

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7763/an-update-to-kingston-ssdnow-v300-a-switch-to-slower-micron-nand

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

why have an SLI motherboard with one card?

Computer's don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose.

its a high end board, almost every high end board supports SLI.

that being said, if hes spending 1.5K, he will want to be able to upgrade it down the road

Future expandability. A few extra dollars now is better than having to replace the board if SLI is wanted down the track.

that being said, if hes spending 1.5K, he will want to be able to upgrade it down the road

Future expandability. A few extra dollars now is better than having to replace the board if SLI is wanted down the track.

ow yeah, didnt think of that

Computer's don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose.

Ditto. Kingston sneakily changed the V300 SSDNow's NAND controller without telling anyone, but still advertises the old one & old read/write speeds. It's not a reliable SSD by any stretch of the Imagination and should be avoided. Try the Crucial MX100 or Crucial BX100 instead. 

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7763/an-update-to-kingston-ssdnow-v300-a-switch-to-slower-micron-nand

changed it thx

yup

If I were you I would cut back by using a case that isn't so expensive and in my opinion ugly, go for a corsair case, and use the extra money to for a liquid cooler

If I were you I would cut back by using a case that isn't so expensive and in my opinion ugly, go for a corsair case, and use the extra money to for a liquid cooler

I probably should but in my opinion the case looks sexy and suits my build well. I probably should go for an enthoo pro instead but the easily scratched side panel just puts me away from it and I think that corsair designs their cases to look better in black. Sry, I can't resist the luxe.

I also wanted black and white