Sort of console card?

Hi, so, earlier, I poster a really dumb thread: "what?"

I am now sure that the only way of playing console games on pc is by an emulator. And ps3 emulators will still take years to fully work so I can play the games I want, still at a locked (I suppose) quality.

What if. Somehow, console companies launched some sort of "Console Card"?

1st of all, it would sure make them a TON of money so I don't think that would be an issue

It could be like steam machines! Where you could play the games at a quality that you decided based on your pc! Wouldn't it be awesome?

I might be completely wrong, but from what I've read, consoles work with a messed up OP CPU and a mid-range CPU, we (pc) already have the GPU's, good GPU's. 

Couldn't they just throw us some sort of CPU card? Like, something you just plug in ur pci/pci-e, Install some messy drivers, and play? I am gona be honest, I hate consoles. Sorry. I just don't like the way you have to pay x amount to get one that changes every 2 years and that has a 0 customization level. But I just want to play some of my childhood exclusives without having to pay for the console+game(all doe I'd buy the game, even if it was after I played it just to support the developers) or go to someone's house and play a SINGLE PLAYER game. Wouldn't it be the best for everyone?

Let's see, a ps4 costs ~$350. I would not hesitate in buying a freaking "card" for like ~$240+ at all.

If they are that bad about their mad money, they could just launch an stupid card 1/3 of the pc community would buy(I might be exaggerating).

This is just and idea, it would also be nice if some third party could do it but it's probably illegal anyway.

Well consoles are just anaemic PC's anyways now, both consoles have APUs, performance of a console can be matched/beaten with a 750ti, in affect that is a "console" card, it has geforce experience which finds the best settings for your particular set up. However I still don't see the issue of buying a second hand PS3, they're usually pretty cheap, also just buy preowned games. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Although it would be nice to throw an addin card into the PCIE slot, with an onboard 8-32GB Sata3/PCIEspeed SSD's for the 'ConsoleOS' + set aside another system (1TB) HDD for storage

Boot into that OS from the bios or from within Windows with software...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Although it would be nice to throw an addin card into the PCIE slot, with an onboard 8-32GB Sata3/PCIEspeed SSD's for the 'ConsoleOS' + set aside another system (1TB) HDD for storage

Boot into that OS from the bios or from within Windows with software...

If they where to do that it would probably be much easier around software, besides, I wouldn't say ssd's are needed as, even if it was that one OS it would be pretty light, if we compare to windows. All the stuff windows has to set ready for an SSD to be useful wouldn't be there as much as on the console OS. Say, launching games in ps2 emulators takes what, 5 secs? And I'm running a GT 540M that is close to intel's integrated graphics 4000's performance with a 2.2ghz CPU. And yes, I might agree with the rest of the storage, even if there was a way of putting in optical/blue-ray drives in there it's not the insert and play thing anymore (one of the main reasons why I don't like consoles anymore, they take more time to install than some pcs to download and install).

Exclusives- that's why.

I am almost sure the cards would give them more money than 5 years of exclusives, but I'm often wrong so..    c:

Well consoles are just anaemic PC's anyways now, both consoles have APUs, performance of a console can be matched/beaten with a 750ti, in affect that is a "console" card, it has geforce experience which finds the best settings for your particular set up. However I still don't see the issue of buying a second hand PS3, they're usually pretty cheap, also just buy preowned games. 

Thanks for your advice, but I have been saving for quite some time for a rig, a $2000 one, and, as I'm 15, I'm not allowed to work yet. Not in my country, so I am not wasting a cent in a console unless I'm gona make some sort of profit out of it, which doesn't seem likely.

I can get a really nice build for ~$500 and sell it maybe for a bit more, but who's gona believe that 15 year old kid to buy a pc anyway, no, they prefer to buy that $1000 laptop that runs a dual-core 2ghz and integrated graphics, because they have a guarantee, just so they can send it to the guarantee saying the pc is bad or slow and get one even worse back and still not learn from their mistakes (This is a true story here).

Well because where the architectures are similar they could do it with software. Create an environment where your PC falls into "Console compatibility mode" which'd be cheaper to distribute. Or alternatively they could just allow their developers to port the "exclusive" games to PC. Which they'd do in a heartbeat if they weren't contractually forced not to. With consoles that have an entirely different architecture however (i.e. the Wii U) it'd be a costly exercise. One that you'd probably be better off with just getting the actual console anyways because such a card would quite literally have to be the console itself.

The second and probably biggest strike against this idea is that these guys make money selling the hardware. Hardware which they sell by providing exclusive software and in Nintendo's case "unique" experiences. If you remove that from them you remove one of their biggest revenue streams. Basically what you're asking is why these first party developers don't go third party. There's a case for that for sure, but there's a reason why they don't.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Well because where the architectures are similar they could do it with software. Create an environment where your PC falls into "Console compatibility mode" which'd be cheaper to distribute. Or alternatively they could just allow their developers to port the "exclusive" games to PC. Which they'd do in a heartbeat if they weren't contractually forced not to. With consoles that have an entirely different architecture however (i.e. the Wii U) it'd be a costly exercise. One that you'd probably be better off with just getting the actual console anyways because such a card would quite literally have to be the console itself.

The second and probably biggest strike against this idea is that these guys make money selling the hardware. Hardware which they sell by providing exclusive software and in Nintendo's case "unique" experiences. If you remove that from them you remove one of their biggest revenue streams. Basically what you're asking is why these first party developers don't go third party. There's a case for that for sure, but there's a reason why they don't.

Wow, that was a really nice reply, thanks, I get it now, they can't actually stand up without their exclusives, it would have to cost as much as their hardware for them not to loose money if they went out with it. That really explained it to me pretty good, thanks :D