Any good apps that can play MKV?

xnoobftw

Any good apps on the playstore that can play MKV files without lag? 

I realised my all new LG G3 can only play certain MKV files for some reason..... (like soul eater and nagi no asukara only works with the default media player while others such as highschool of the dead dont)

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

VLC media player (there is an android version).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

VLC media player (there is an android version).

It lags like crazy D:

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

MX Player.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Pretty sure MX Player would work.

That kinda lags too... My sound plays perfectly while the video itself just stops

It lags like crazy D:

Really? On both of my Pendo 7" tablets (dual core 512MB RAM and Quad core 1GB RAM respectively) it doesn't lag, and the dual core is slow on good days (cheap 1GHz CPU, and nothing to really speak about graphics wise-and both were under $90).

PMSL

That kinda lags too... My sound plays perfectly while the video itself just stops

If H/W decoding is enabled, try switching it to S/W decoding. This fixes some phones, but you can access this at the top of the screen while watching a video with MX Player.

If H/W decoding is enabled, try switching it to S/W decoding. This fixes some phones, but you can access this at the top of the screen while watching a video with MX Player.

That could work, the CPU in the G3 should be powerful enough.

PMSL

Most mobile CPU's are powerful enough, but a lot of the time the H/W decoder is selected by default and it isn't always compatible with the format. Usually the S/W decoder fixes things.

Okay somehow it works LOL i was at battery saving mode. Now it is the subtitle problem D: it doesnt display my subtitle (which is found in the video itself)

Most mobile CPU's are powerful enough, but a lot of the time the H/W decoder is selected by default and it isn't always compatible with the format. Usually the S/W decoder fixes things.

Okay somehow it works LOL i was at battery saving mode. Now it is the subtitle problem D: it doesnt display my subtitle (which is found in the video itself)

Its possible that embedded subtitles aren't supported by the media player, you might have to do another round of video app testing. 

PMSL

Its possible that embedded subtitles aren't supported by the media player, you might have to do another round of video app testing. 

Seems like after fiddling with the settings i am able to get the subtitles to display!

Thanks for the help! :)

Seems like after fiddling with the settings i am able to get the subtitles to display!

Thanks for the help! :)

np

PMSL