GTX 960 v GTX 770

RevoltTrain

So, which card would give me better performance for my money, GTX 960 4GB or GTX 770 4GB?

Edit:

Or would I just be better off buying a used R9 290?

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

They would probably be pretty equal, but, I'd go with a 770.

Any reason?

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

The 770 is mostly faster but more power hungry.  The GTX 960 (I'm not sure what you found the 770 for) is $180 for MSI's very good card. 

Nvidia has also phased out the 770 for what it's worth

You would be better off with the 290 as it's faster; but it is more expensive.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

Any reason?

Eh. Even if it's a bit older, it's a higher end card, and it's always better to go higher end.

GTX 960. 5% slower but like 35% more efficient.

Why not get the 280X? It's faster than both the 960 and cheaper.

the 280X is definitely faster than both but definitely not cheaper.  It might be worth the $30 extra though.  (cheapest 280X is $210 vs the $180 of the 960)

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

the 280X is definitely faster than both but definitely not cheaper.  It might be worth the $30 extra though.  (cheapest 280X is $210 vs the $180 of the 960)

It was $180 i swear

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

GTX 960. 5% slower but like 35% more efficient.

Why not get the 280X? It's faster than both the 960 and cheaper.

I'd like the 4GB frame buffer, with GTA V being a VRAM hog and I constantly play it.