What should I upgrade?

Sry if this is in the wrong place btw :/

So as my pc is I won't be able to run the Witcher 3. My pc doesn't meet the minimum requirements. I have a budget of around £200 ($300 usd) but preferably I won't spend all of this as I also need a new phone but the pc takes priority. What I need to know is what to upgrade? There's a lot of things I could do from just a simple cpu/gpu upgrade to a switch to an intel motherboard and cpu. 

My current specs:

GPU - XFX 7850 DD

CPU - AMD-FX 4100 Black @ 4.00 GHz 

RAM - 16 DDR3 @ 1333 MHz

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3

PSU - Cooler Master GX lite 700w

HDD - 1TB Western Digital

Remember that although £200 is $300 in the exchange rate everything is more expensive here in the UK so £200 pretty much is the same as $200 usd in terms of what I can buy :)

Thanks for your help :D

Sry if this is in the wrong place btw :/

So as my pc is I won't be able to run the Witcher 3 as my pc doesn't meet the minimum requirements. I have a budget of around £200 ($300 usd) but preferably I won't spend all of this as I also need a new phone but the pc takes priority. What I need to know is what to upgrade? There's a lot of things I could from just a simple cpu/gpu upgrade to a switch to an intel motherboard and cpu. 

My current specs:

GPU - XFX 7850 DD

CPU - AMD-FX 4100 Black @ 4.00 GHz

RAM - 16 DDR3 @ 1333 MHz

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3

PSU - Cooler Master GX lite 700w

HDD - 1TB Western Digital

Remember that although £200 is $300 in the exchange rate everything is more expensive here in the UK so £200 pretty much is the same as $200 usd in terms of what I can buy :)

Thanks for your help :D

Can you please tell us what isn't meeting the minimum specs, thanks.

PS don't forget to follow your own topics and welcome to the forum. :)

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

GPU is fine but that CPU would be the first thing I look at upgrading

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

It has to be the CPU, everything else seems fine.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Quote me if you when me to reply to something. 

It has to be the CPU, everything else seems fine.

Minimum specs is a 7870 and a AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940.

Gpu dosn't cut it. :angry:

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Minimum specs is a 7870 and a AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940.

Gpu dosn't cut it. :angry:

Should at least be able to run though but the FX-4100 isn't going to benefit anything.

Min Requirements:

CPU: Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz / AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940

CPU Speed: Info

RAM: 6 GB

Video Card: Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660 / AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870

Free Disk Space: 40 GB

As you can see my gpu isn't quite up to scratch but I can overclock it. My cpu is the main bottleneck in most games so that would be the one that I need to sort out. 

Ty for welcome :)

Min Requirements:

CPU:

Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz / AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940

CPU Speed: Info RAM: 6 GB OS: 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1) Video Card: Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660 / AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870 Free Disk Space: 40 GB

As you can see my gpu isn't quite up to scratch but I can overclock it. My cpu is the main bottleneck in most games so that would be the one that I need to sort out. 

Ty for welcome :)

The problem is that as much as you can overclock your gpu to make it powerful enough the game wouldn't work with it. :huh:

cpu alone is 180 bucks (unlocked), dont even dream about Intel i5 + mobo + phone until you have enough cash

just buy cpu cooler, overclock and spend the rest on phone.

then start saving up for real cpu, cus if you upgrade to 8320 thats bad investment.

Can you buy phone with ... 25 pounds :D?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£143.99 @ Ebuyer)
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£32.36 @ Scan.co.uk)
Total: £176.35
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-18 13:59 BST+0100

The problem is that as much as you can overclock your gpu to make it powerful enough the game wouldn't work with it. :huh:

I hope this is fail troll attempt.

The game would still run? I mean the difference between the two isn't too much?

Ty for the response :). How much of a performance benefit would that cpu have over a FX-8350 considering the 8350 cpu is the recommended amd cpu requirement?  

Ty for the response :). How much of a performance benefit would that cpu have over a FX-8350 considering the 8350 cpu is the recommended amd cpu requirement?  

alot if DX12 rolls out for gta 5

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

8320E

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

If I upgrade to intel how would that affect my windows installation? Would I need to reinstall programs etc as obviously they're currently installed for amd64 processors. 

The 4460 is quite abit better in game. 4 strong core is alot better for gaming then 8 weak core. It also won't bottleneck any gpu while the 8350 will bottleneck the high end card.

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Quote me if you when me to reply to something. 

If I upgrade to intel how would that affect my windows installation? Would I need to reinstall programs etc as obviously they're currently installed for amd64 processors. 

Yes, I'd reinstall for such a major "heart transplant" so to speak.

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

I hope this is fail troll attempt.

A troll attempt what? No matter the clock speed it won't make a difference to the minimum specs of a games.

A troll attempt what? No matter the clock speed it won't make a difference to the minimum specs of a games.

You do realise that overclocking a graphics card gives you extra fps ? The only difference between a 7850 and 7870 is a few fps. 

You do realise that overclocking a graphics card gives you extra fps ? The only difference between a 7850 and 7870 is a few fps. 

Yes but the gpu he's got is below the minimum specs what I was saying is that regardless of the clock speed it will not change the fact that it's a 7850 and its not enough to play the game.

Yes but the gpu he's got is below the minimum specs what I was saying is that regardless of the clock speed it will not change the fact that it's a 7850 and its not enough to play the game.

Of course it will work. The 7870 and 7850 are not hugely different. They both have the same amount of VRam. The 7870 has a higher clock speed and maybe a few other differences. An overclocked 7850 will be very similar to a stock 7870, so to say it won't work is just nonsense.

Of course it will work. The 7870 and 7850 are not hugely different. They both have the same amount of VRam. The 7870 has a higher clock speed and maybe a few other differences. An overclocked 7850 will be very similar to a stock 7870, so to say it won't work is just nonsense.

So despite the fact that it's under the minimum specs it would still work.

So despite the fact that it's under the minimum specs it would still work.

A 7850 is an R9 270. A 7870 is an R9 270X. The 270X is a higher clock 270, they are otherwise the same. This applies to the 7850 and 7870 as well. Therefore clocking a 270 is a 270X, and overclocking a 7850 is a 7870

A 7850 is an R9 270. A 7870 is an R9 270X. The 270X is a higher clock 270, they are otherwise the same. This applies to the 7850 and 7870 as well. Therefore clocking a 270 is a 270X, and overclocking a 7850 is a 7870

So it would work then?

Unless there's an actual software limitation that stops anything below 7870 being used then yes it should be fine