Do you use Vessal or...?

how much does vessel cost? i did the giveaway link so Im not really sure where to find it? That will determine whether I stick with it or not...

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

how much does vessel cost? i did the giveaway link so Im not really sure where to find it? That will determine whether I stick with it or not...

$2.99 a month. I am going with it. Cheap. I thought it was $12.99 hahaha.

$2.99 a month. I am going with it. Cheap. I thought it was $12.99 hahaha.

thats not bad... Can you do yearly though? I hate monthly bills..

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

thats not bad... Can you do yearly though? I hate monthly bills..

No, just monthly, unfortunately.

haven't visited it since the day I signed up. Besides looking pretty I see no benefit.

Nick posts videos on Vessel a lot sooner than on YouTube. I am still waiting for SIX more videos he hasn't posted on YouTube yet. Slowpoke. lol jk.

I signed up and watch videos when they come out. I would watch them on youtube but LMG gets more out of it when we watch on vessel. Vessel is lower quality video, but it isn't a noticeable difference on my dell tablet (less than 1080p screen). When I watch on my 50in tv, I watch on youtube because of the higher video quality.

This forum has been really weird (slow, some buttons not showing up etc) for me all day but I can finally post again.

Here are some comparison screenshots of Vessel (high) and YouTube (1080p).

LINK (you can press #1, #2, #3 and #4 for different images).

Mouse outside the image = Vessel

Mouse inside the image = YouTube

Overall I'd say they are equal in terms of quality. Vessel might even have the slight edge in some pictures.

And some stats.

Video bit rate:

Vessel - 4782 Kbps (H.264)

YouTube - 3704 Kbps (H.264)

Audio bit rate:

Vessel - 160 Kbps (2 channel AAC, 48KHz)

YouTube - 126 Kbps (2 channel AAC, 44.1 KHz)

It's worth noting that the video Linus uploaded to YouTube, and the one he uploaded to Vessel were different videos. The YouTube one is longer because it includes the intro and outro. It also seems like Vessel adds a water mark on the video that is early access. I am not sure if they use a different quality setting for that video but I'll look into it.

This forum has been really weird (slow, some buttons not showing up etc) for me all day but I can finally post again.

Here are some comparison screenshots of Vessel (high) and YouTube (1080p).

LINK (you can press #1, #2, #3 and #4 for different images).

Mouse outside the image = Vessel

Mouse inside the image = YouTube

Overall I'd say they are equal in terms of quality. Vessel might even have the slight edge in some pictures.

And some stats.

Video bit rate:

Vessel - 4782 Kbps (H.264)

YouTube - 3704 Kbps (H.264)

Audio bit rate:

Vessel - 160 Kbps (2 channel AAC, 48KHz)

YouTube - 126 Kbps (2 channel AAC, 44.1 KHz)

It's worth noting that the video Linus uploaded to YouTube, and the one he uploaded to Vessel were different videos. The YouTube one is longer because it includes the intro and outro. It also seems like Vessel adds a water mark on the video that is early access. I am not sure if they use a different quality setting for that video but I'll look into it.

I also noticed that the download speed from Vessel was much slower than YouTube for me (Sweden). I got like 1MBps from Vessel and like 4MBps from YouTube. That will depend a lot on where you live though.

Wait vessel does 1080p now?! They've made the quality much better since launch, but it's too late because a lot of people have given up already.

Those Vessel images do look slightly better than YouTube now.

HTTP/2 203

I use YouTube to watch LTT.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

The vessel feed doesn't works: sometimes a new video is out of vessel and I wouldn't know for hours unless it happens to get "featured" for me on the front page. Their launch is going as expected: bunch of fucking problems.

-------

Current Rig

-------

The site is more of a hassle. Youtube is great for us, the viewers but not for the content creators now. It's sad that they have to explore other options to bring in revenue which complicates it for everyone.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

I still watch on YouTube.  I signed up for the giveaway.  I cant deal with the site itself unfortunately.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

I like vessels darker, more video oriented UI a lot better. Just wish it had better video playback quality, but doesnt stop me from using it now solely for Linustechtips :3

If it had more vendors i might watch it for other things, but so few people are even on there, and the videos they have on there are so limited that its kinda limiting.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||