Deas CS:GO players, i have a problem...

GregButcher

So after ESL one I, again am in the mood to pick up CS. I never played with it extensively, im still in the process of just wrapping my head around guns and how to shoot. But one thing is something that is more of a mental issue...

I get shaky. Like a fucking jelly. My arms become buzzy, my hands shake, my mouse literally jitters and my heartrate goes to the sky and whatnot. So in general i get an adrenaline rush and i hate it. I hate it because It makes everything worse for me, i cant fucking calm off, i cant get my composure back, and usually it rolls downhill from there. Now you might say that then i should just take a break, thing is, this feeling comes up almost instantly as the match starts, so mostly from the get-go im hindered by it.

Oh almighty CS pro players and everyone having same issues, not just in shooters but in general gaming, did you have similar issues? How did you get over it? Is there even any way I can work on making it better? 

Thank you all in advance for your input!

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo:MSI Z87-G43 RAM:Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz SSD:Samsung 840 120GB GPU:Gigabyte GTX770 2GB PSU:EVGA NEX650G Case:Fractal Design Define R4 Cooler:Corsair H80i 

we put the sensitivity between 1-2

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I think its just how we are wired

When I play I am ultra calm and serene, I let my self relax and I move slow and deliberately

one of my friends goes MANIC, when he plays, he jumps everytime he gets shot and properly gets excited when shooting so much so that he sort of shakes his mouse around when he is aiming

It just seems to be how people are wired - generally I do not play to win, I am NOT competitive so I will happily run around with the worst gun trying to get kills for a random challenge etc

I suggest in your next game, try play without caring about the outcome, deep breath, relax, and take your time you will soon slow down

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Question: When all of this is going on, do your wrist gets buzzy feeling and just feels like you can't hold them down?

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

So after ESL one I, again am in the mood to pick up CS. I never played with it extensively, im still in the process of just wrapping my head around guns and how to shoot. But one thing is something that is more of a mental issue...

I get shaky. Like a fucking jelly. My arms become buzzy, my hands shake, my mouse literally jitters and my heartrate goes to the sky and whatnot. So in general i get an adrenaline rush and i hate it. I hate it because It makes everything worse for me, i cant fucking calm off, i cant get my composure back, and usually it rolls downhill from there. Now you might say that then i should just take a break, thing is, this feeling comes up almost instantly as the match starts, so mostly from the get-go im hindered by it.

Oh almighty CS pro players and everyone having same issues, not just in shooters but in general gaming, did you have similar issues? How did you get over it? Is there even any way I can work on making it better? 

Thank you all in advance for your input!

That rush tho. I know what you mean. You just have to work on staying calm. If you watch pro's they'll clutch a 1vs5 and still be calm as hell. It comes down to just playing a lot.

Lower Your Mouse Sensitivity  

I'm gradually doing it, but im coming from very high sensitivity, and flailing my arm around is very unnatural. The thing is the jitter isnt the biggest problem but that my arms feel like jelly i cant properly position anyway. Edit: also im sitting lower than i probably should, my elbow is below the table/mouse level so its even harder to do the whole arm flailing. Sadly the gas lift is broken on the chair and its not just the chair that is broke :(

Question: When all of this is going on, do your wrist gets buzzy feeling and just feels like you can't hold them down?

Yes, sorta similar, my pulse skyrockets and my whole arm feels like a shaky jelly, making proper mouse position almost impossible. But my wrist usually sits on the mousepad fixed.

That rush tho. I know what you mean. You just have to work on staying calm. 

Yeah, thats what im asking, is there a way to actively help on this? :D I mean probably playing a lot does help but you know, it's just generally annoying, especially since i have low patience towards myself anyway.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo:MSI Z87-G43 RAM:Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz SSD:Samsung 840 120GB GPU:Gigabyte GTX770 2GB PSU:EVGA NEX650G Case:Fractal Design Define R4 Cooler:Corsair H80i 

I'm gradually doing it, but im coming from very high sensitivity, and flailing my arm around is very unnatural. The thing is the jitter isnt the biggest problem but that my arms feel like jelly i cant properly position anyway.

Yes, sorta similar, my pulse skyrockets and my whole arm feels like a shaky jelly, making proper mouse position almost impossible. But my wrist usually sits on the mousepad fixed.

Yeah, thats what im asking, is there a way to actively help on this? :D I mean probably playing a lot does help but you know, it's just generally annoying, especially since i have low patience towards myself anyway.

I would try working out before gaming, if it's timed? Or just doing stretches or play head shoulders knees and toes would be able to help. Something to work yourself out before hand, thus staying calm? 

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

I'm gradually doing it, but im coming from very high sensitivity, and flailing my arm around is very unnatural. The thing is the jitter isnt the biggest problem but that my arms feel like jelly i cant properly position anyway. Edit: also im sitting lower than i probably should, my elbow is below the table/mouse level so its even harder to do the whole arm flailing. Sadly the gas lift is broken on the chair and its not just the chair that is broke :(

General pro sensitivity is 400 dpi and 1.5 - 3.5 in game. Not that it works for everyone but it can improve your aim . Another thing unrelated to being calm is changing your crosshair. http://tools.dathost.net/ This site allows you to make a crosshair to your liking.   I really cant help you with staying calm. A doctor may be able to help you there :P

everyone gets excited and shakey,but you get used to the feeling and learn to control your excitment

I would try working out before gaming, if it's timed? Or just doing stretches or play head shoulders knees and toes would be able to help. Something to work yourself out before hand, thus staying calm? 

that...is actually a useful tip, makes sense, thx!

I have a friend who gets like this but instantly becomes really good, we are both around DMG and he starts to wreck the other team lol.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Do a bunch of TDM or Casual until you're confident enough that you can be calm.

Another thing I do when my nerves are up is strafe a bit at a spot I'm holding just to stay "warm", and I suppose relieve nerves. 

I have a friend who gets like this but instantly becomes really good, we are both around DMG and he starts to wreck the other team lol.

My sense gets hightened as well but my arms become jelly, thats the problem :D

My sense gets hightened as well but my arms become jelly, thats the problem :D

i notice he keeps moving in game and stays energized irl, so I guess try to take advantage of the heightened senses while keep moving to make sure your arms never become jelly.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

I get super excited and pumped all the time playing cs and other games but it never has a negative impact on my aim, if anything it makes my aim better I think

Like with a lot of things the more you get use to it just by playing in that state the more natural it all becomes

Controlling your adrenaline flow is indeed pretty tricky, or one might say, impossible :D I would try breathing slow and steady, that helped me.

I used to get all shaky too, and it does take practise to be able to control it, but now i'm at a point where my heartrate may increase and i'm more focused, the shaking however is mostly gone.

If you then suceed, that's a pretty awesome feeling!

thx guyz, im startint to notice if i don't make a fuss about it just to begin with it helps a good bit :D but yeah i'll probably just keep on practicing and do more deep breathing. i just still can't wrap my head around the recoil :/ i know whats what, i know what i should be doing,and what im doing and it still doesnt work :\ oh well still, practice practice practice...

CS:GO is filled with cheaters. I HATE IT!!

P.S. I have over 800 hours with 430 wins and my rank is LEM. 

i myself take everything with a grain of salt i calm down and tell myself that everything is all right and that i will still win the game i also turned down my mouse sensitivity and turned off acceleration

It's just like any adrenaline situation. The more you do it the more you will get used to it and it will become less invasive.

What gets me going is just AFTER a really strong play. Once I realize exactly what happened I get a little "rush" from it.

Sometimes i troll...

3D Mark Fire Strike Score: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/3854240 +215mhz Core Clock +440mhz Memory Clock @4.6ghz 1.325v

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/b1aze/saved/qQFxFT

• 2 weeks later...

When in doubt, ngev.

Shaky hand will improve your aim, just bring the mouse down a bit and go all silver on their asses

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

I play like I just got 2 pounds of cake and chugged 4 litres of Mountain Dew.

(playing with me will not be the greatest experience.)

I just have fun most of the time. Then when there a really serious games, everything is way more relaxing and less nerve racking for me. 

MY PC: Some random ok-ish laptop

I used to be like this 800 hours back. :P 

I just kept playing and eventually I calmed down.

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

You'll fuck up the first times, especially under clutch situations but you'll get used to it.

Best advice anyone can give you is: use logic and reverse psychology. 

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud