Deas CS:GO players, i have a problem...

GregButcher

I tend to be EXTREMELY cocky (which isnt a bad thing, for me at least. I still top frag and carry like a boss)

Im not a pro. I want to be. Im only 13 years old and I play at a DMG/LE Level in Gold Nova 2. (I dont know if this is for sure, I played with LE thus getting in a DMG match and I did fine, I didn't carry but I was far from the worst on my team. (I was 1st or 2nd best). Lot of hackers there though, only one of the matches didn't have a cheater. The rest were obvious wallers and aimbotters.

And since most pro eSport players are adults (18+), if I keep playing and practicing for a few years I could play at Pro level.

It would be nice to play with some good players here too, if anyone is interested.

Also, the more you stress yourself the worse you do. I did a 1v5 clutch without even knowing I was the last person alive :P.

And when I try to while stressed I usually have a lower success rate.

During that clutch I won the round, and then everyone was like "Wow nice clutch" I was like "What? was I the last guy..." they said "Yep..." Then I started to get cocky but nothing changed.

(psst im so cocky I say I will be "the next kennys" in the future)

I suffered the same problem b4 but it got away really quickly. I think it's called performance anxiety where u get really nervous. Play few matches with a trusty friend.

Evidence Of Evil

play a bunch of dm and surf maps, this will calm you down.

• 2 weeks later...

Play DM or some armsrace for about 20min before getting in a comp, and try to pull a few mates together for a game. Atleast for me, playing with the same people i know has a pretty good calming effect. And most (imho) important, just ignore the toxic players that are just being assholes. GLHF :) 

don't shit yourself man, you're not in Cologne yet ;). Don't panic or be bothered how well you do, just play the game to the best of your ability and don't worry about how other people will say if you fuck up, just ignore them and start the next round a fresh. ezpz

Ay bud I've played CS for years and know exactly what you mean.  The rush is always there and its why we all love the game, its like nothing else.  It only gets worse at LAN events and I had to figure out how to keep myself together.

Some ways I've learned to keep my composure during games:

-Wear comfortable clothes.  "Can I sit in this for 2 hours without anything bothering me?"  I usually wear my hood and grab a drink.  

-Work out beforehand.  Not every time you play but just during the day before you settle down and play CS.  A good workout (30mins or more) not only rids you of excess energy and fidgeting, but also keeps your brain healthy.  Good workouts can help rebuild and even build new neurons in the hippocampus - which is a part of the brain linked to learning and memory, which will also help you better your game significantly.

-Play situations out in your head, especially in clutch situations.  This can be rough but for me it works.  Try counting down peeks, giving yourself updates, etc.  Talk outloud to override the racing thoughts.  Fill the gaps with information to remove anxious thoughts.

-Play with friends.  Toxic players will make you blame yourself and make you more unsure of your own playstyle.  Friends will help you improve, break down what went wrong if you do fail, and praise you when you succeed.

GLHF

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

• 2 weeks later...

we put the sensitivity between 1-2

Mine Is A 6

Mine Is A 6

turn it down man..

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

turn it down man..

it Works For Me,I Cant Go Below 5

i had the same problem i solved it by playing as much as i could until i got confidence 

now i working on my aiming...-_-

Case: NZXT H440 CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.0 Cooler: Antec Kuhler H2O 920 Graphics Card: Zotac Mini GTX1070 Ti Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170 K3 RAM: Kingstone Fury 2x8GB Storage: Crucial P1 SSD, Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5, Hitachi - Deskstar 500 3.5" PSU: Corsair Enthusiast 550W 80+ Mouse: Logitech G403 OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit  Audio: ATH-AD500X

Sip a stiff drink it will calm you down. I play better with a good buzz.