Best microphone under $50 USD

themajesticryry

I will be using this mic for recording videos, chatting with friends (razer comms,), and just general use. The microphone has to be USB and has to be under $50. So far I have been looking at the Cad U37 or Audio-Technica ATR2100

. Thanks!

Edited by themajesticryry

I will be using this mic for recording videos, chatting with friends (razer comms,), and just general use. The microphone has to be USB and has to be under $50. So far I have been looking at the Cad U37. Thanks!

If you have headphones get one of those replacement clip-on mics. I hear they have decent quality and they are great for voice chatting. 

If you are set on a USB mic the one you picked out seems to be pretty good. It has 4.5/5 stars on Amazon. 

The ModMic if you can use it with your headphones. Current versions don't use the USB interface but I'm not sure why that's necessary.

A lot of people also use the Blue Snowflake. I don't think there will be a huge difference outside of feature sets for microphones of the same type/price.

• 1 year later...

Snowball. Best bang for the buck in that price range for recording.

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3