Scythe USA Returns

Glenwing

:D Just noticed, thought others might want to know ;) They promised to return by the second half of 2013, looks like they just barely made it xD I've been checking constantly since I need a specific fan of theirs.

Looks like they just got back up and running in the last few days though, so most retailers haven't had time to restock yet.

http://www.scytheus.com/

Why did they go away again?

EDIT: I meant as in why they disapeared and came back, not them gone for the second time.

Edited by nightlitezzz

good for them, im happy they made it

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Why did they go away again?

EDIT: I meant as in why they disapeared and came back, not them gone for the second time.

Their parent company went down so they had to undergo some restructuring (don't think of Scythe USA as an extension of Scythe themselves; they are Scythe's distributor in the US, and managed separately.)

Scythe Europe clarifies the situation:

Quote:
Due to a message on Scythe US webpage, news are spreading that Scythe will close its' production. This is not true. Scythe is restructuring its' company - leading to a temporarily close-down of US office. Up to now, Scythe US office is not a part of Scythe Group. All other branches of Scythe Group are not affected of restructuring measures. Scythe Europe, Scythe Japan, Scythe Taiwan and Scythe China will remain as usual. For US costumers Scythe Taiwan will take over temporarily.

Although, it seems no US retailers ever reached out to Scythe Taiwan to set up distribution in the meantime xD

yay, Gentle Typhoons ftw, plus they have some awesome low profile CPU heatsinks

Can you guys explain the whole Gentle Typhoon buzz???

They are fans which are both powerful and extremely quiet.  The double ball bearing is very durable and the balance of the fan is exceptional (spin them with your finger and they take ages to come to a rest).  They also don't have horrendous color schemes, and come in many RPM variants.  The only possible drawback is that there are no PWM controllable models (although they are quiet so speed control is a bit moot) and the cable is color-coded and unsleeved.  They are manufactured by Nidec Servo whom specializes in servo devices such as fans, with impeccable quality control.

They are fans which are both powerful and extremely quiet.  The double ball bearing is very durable and the balance of the fan is exceptional (spin them with your finger and they take ages to come to a rest).  They also don't have horrendous color schemes, and come in many RPM variants.  The only possible drawback is that there are no PWM controllable models (although they are quiet so speed control is a bit moot) and the cable is color-coded and unsleeved.  They are manufactured by Nidec Servo whom specializes in servo devices such as fans, with impeccable quality control.

ah thank you

Can you guys explain the whole Gentle Typhoon buzz???

they are the second best fans for static pressure, next to an ugly noctua. They are quiet by creating a hum at a less annoying pitch,and are at a much lower pitch, rather than fans that whine.  They also preform well, and they plain look better than noctuas, as they have a decent color scheme, that stands out, and anyone can tell it's a GT, but can be incorporated in most builds.

Cool, I wonder how long it will take in order for Newegg to start selling their products again.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

YES!!!!! THIS BETTER BE A LIVESTREAM TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

• 2 weeks later...

Scythe fans are some of the best I have ever used in my 10 years of building. No useless bells and whistles, just a pure, effective fan that just works. Glad they are back.

Build 1: CPU: Intel i5 2500k @ 4.7 GHz, GPU: GTX 660 Ti, Mobo: Asrock Z68 Pro3-M, RAM: 8GB Samsung "wonder ram" @ 2133 Storage: SanDisk Extreme 240GB

Build 2: CPU: Intel i7 4770K @ 4.6 GHz GPU: GTX 780, Mobo: Asus z87-Pro RAM: Same as build 1. Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB

NAS: FreeNAS running on core 2 Quad Q8400, 8GB RAM, 6 x Seagate 2TB. Dont bother with SanDisk SSD's, just don't.

Woot woot! I am "Scythed" to get my hands on some of their products again. I am still using a fans that I bought from them 5 years ago.