Do you notice dead pixels?

brownninja97

Thats weird, i hate asus as they seem to like sending me broken products, anyways I got some AOC monitor as it was 26inch and 1920x1200 for £110 not too bad and its a great price. No dead pixels.

Or that. I wanted to say ViewSOnic, but they cost more (they are higher end panels), but uses LG panels, and faces the same issues as Dell's.

Or that. I wanted to say ViewSOnic, but they cost more (they are higher end panels), but uses LG panels, and faces the same issues as Dell's.

The viewsonic VP 2770 IS a PLS panel..

But I don't know anything about any of there other monitors..

Read here how there specs are not accurate and it really uses a PLS panel...Here is a quote from TFT..

The panel coating is a matte AG type, but it is very light. The screen is using a PLS panel (despite ViewSonic talking about IPS - we will talk about this more later on) and the coating is the same as some other PLS based screens we have tested like the Samsung S27A850D. It does not suffer from the overly aggressive and grainy AG coating of some competing IPS models.

Here, the VP2770-LED actually uses a Samsung PLS module, so don't be confused by the listed spec and talk of IPS in the marketing material. We clarified with ViewSonic that the term IPS was being used here since it is more well-known and understood in the market.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/viewsonic_vp2770-led.htm

And here is there official club page..Seems they all know its also PLS..

http://www.overclock.net/t/1335088/viewsonic-vp2770-review-club-2560x1440-semi-glossy-pls

Once again i know what i am talking about.I don't just read manufacturer specs.. :)

Our 50" TV has 3 or 4 dead pixels. I don't notice them unless I come up close. It's an old Plasma screen @ 1080i so I don't expect too much from the old girl :)

Edit: 7 years and still rolling (or refreshing :P)

Thinking about reporting, your comment made me spit out my fried chicken from laughter LOL

Read here how there specs are not accurate and it really uses a PLS panel...Here is a quote from TFT..

The panel coating is a matte AG type, but it is very light. The screen is using a PLS panel (despite ViewSonic talking about IPS - we will talk about this more later on) and the coating is the same as some other PLS based screens we have tested like the Samsung S27A850D. It does not suffer from the overly aggressive and grainy AG coating of some competing IPS models.

Here, the VP2770-LED actually uses a Samsung PLS module, so don't be confused by the listed spec and talk of IPS in the marketing material. We clarified with ViewSonic that the term IPS was being used here since it is more well-known and understood in the market.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/viewsonic_vp2770-led.htm

And here is there official club page..Seems they all know its also PLS..

http://www.overclock.net/t/1335088/viewsonic-vp2770-review-club-2560x1440-semi-glossy-pls

Once again i know what i am talking about.I don't just read manufacturer specs.. :)

Ah interesting! But I have read that people had issues, which were practically matching the ones from Dell.

I am wondering if ViewSonic, uses LG and Samsung panel. Doing this is not something new. For example, my Dell laptop, Dell used LG, Samsung and AOC panels. In this case, Samsung panel was way too blue, AOC panels was way to yellow, LG was the best. and this is what Dell sent to reviewers. So you had to push Dell tech support, once you have the monitor, to sent you the LG panel to replace it, if you didn't have it, which was back ordered, and had to wait a few weeks to get it.