Do you notice dead pixels?

brownninja97

Do you guys notice dead pixels straight away. Ive only ever had one on my PSP screen but is it noticeable much on monitors and do you search for them.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Do you guys notice dead pixels straight away. Ive only ever had one on my PSP screen but is it noticeable much on monitors and do you search for them.

I think I would notice right away. I use a black background as my desktop background so any other color than what it is supposed to be would stick out like a sore thumb.

What really scares me is when games have a glitch in them where one pixel on my screen is a strange color. It wasn't artifacting but actually a "dead pixel" within a game. It has only happened once. 

But to answer your question: yes...I look for them....a lot. 

I have one on my monitor now and I notice it whenever I look in the area around it. Its on the far left 3/4 the way up the screen so its not in a place that is noticeable.

I think it would be better if I didnt search for them as the last thing I want to do is stare at the dead pixel a while. Anyways I have a Dell 2007WFP screen and its been working fine though 3 generations of pcs and is a few weeks from helping a fourth computer however im getting a ultrasharp soon as I do editing that the contrast ratio is friggin crazy.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Our 50" TV has 3 or 4 dead pixels. I don't notice them unless I come up close. It's an old Plasma screen @ 1080i so I don't expect too much from the old girl :)

Edit: 7 years and still rolling (or refreshing :P)

Edited by Nicholas Marzio

\

Our 50" TV has 3 or 4 dead pixels. I don't notice them unless I come up close. It's an old Plasma screen @ 1080i so I don't expect too much from the old girl :)

Edit: 7 years and still rolling (or refreshing :P)

We have a Pioneer 50inch plasma. It got some fancy rating about something and we went to some fancy(rich people area) shops and they said this TV is best one they had even though it wasnt the most expensive(not clever for the marketer) but thankfully we got a guy that knew what he was talking about. I still have no idea how my father got the 5k for the TV but I can tell you that the quality is bloody awesome.

Listen if you care.

I notice because when I get a new monitor, I scour it for dead pixels. Then again, I typically forget about it during use  :P

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

I notice because when I get a new monitor, I scour it for dead pixels. Then again, I typically forget about it during use  :P

Do you think its worth getting a £8 check on a new monitor for dead pixels so that I get a version with none.

Listen if you care.

Do you think its worth getting a £8 check on a new monitor for dead pixels so that I get a version with none.

Not really, IMO if you don't notice them when you use the product they don't matter. If the issue is more serious (dozens of dead pixels) just go for an RMA.

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

if they are in the sameplace you do if not you dont(most of the times)

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

if they are in the sameplace you do if not you dont(most of the times)

We used to have an old CRT screen and half of the screen gave up for some reason, it was like the 25inch screen wanted to be a 12inch TV. Then we got another CRT but a wii remote happened.

Listen if you care.

We used to have an old CRT screen and half of the screen gave up for some reason, it was like the 25inch screen wanted to be a 12inch TV. Then we got another CRT but a wii remote happened.

''Then we got another CRT but a wii remote happened.''

that heppend to me too when i was at a friends house i broke their TV when i was trying to score a 3 pointer in basketball :p

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

''Then we got another CRT but a wii remote happened.''

that heppend to me too when i was at a friends house i broke their TV when i was trying to score a 3 pointer in basketball :P

Ooh damn, that must of been weird.

Listen if you care.

I got free monitor last year and it had noticable amount of dead pixels almost middle of screen. Thats only time I've seen them. My dads old plasma TV has burnt image which is also those things you think as just paranoid fears.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Yes you notice dead pixels especially once you know its there. The higher ppi and display has the less youll notice it.

deadpixel.png

Do you notice the one above? I do.

lol thats pretty good actually, i never thought of doing that. its especially noticeable because you choose white on black.

I picked white, because that is the background of folders, Word, this forum posts, and so on. We interact with white background a lot.

What bugs me the most, is that if you write a big text or coding, that dead pixel will fool you as if you did a dot on a sentence or code line or something.

I picked white, because that is the background of folders, Word, this forum posts, and so on. We interact with white background a lot.

What bugs me the most, is that if you write a big text or coding, that dead pixel will fool you as if you did a dot on a sentence or code line or something.

its also the background of this webpage which is why i thought you did it.

in game,you cant really see it

but on a white background you can

• 2 weeks later...

in game,you cant really see it

but on a white background you can

That would be bad as im on the forum a lot and the forum is white mainly.

Listen if you care.

Don't break your head, Dell had it's chance.. 3 times...

Something is wrong at Dell or LG. Get the ASUS one from a retail store you know you can return without issue, or the least expensive.

Don't break your head, Dell had it's chance.. 3 times...

Something is wrong at Dell or LG. Get the ASUS one from a retail store you know you can return without issue, or the least expensive.

Thats weird, i hate asus as they seem to like sending me broken products, anyways I got some AOC monitor as it was 26inch and 1920x1200 for £110 not too bad and its a great price. No dead pixels.

Listen if you care.

Yes they stick out like a soar thumb

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster