Is this any decent for the money?

I want to start photography because I like being creative and taking stunning pictures, however I do not have a camera

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Canon-Digital-Camera-18-55mm-3-5-5-6/dp/B00IE3UR08/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425854775&sr=8-1&keywords=DSLR+camera

I saw this Canon EOS 1200D, is it any good? I will propably take pictures of landscapes, or close ups of different gadgets or nature. Ideally i would want the camera to be <£300. I will sometimes go plane spotting

My PC:

Spoiler

MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti D5 4G, Ram: 16GB (2x8) HyperX Fury DDR4, Case: NZXT S340, Psu: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W , HDD's: WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 256GB Scorpio Blue, WD 2TB Caviar Blue  SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240Gb

I have no clue.

It looks like a good camera, and that looks like a good price for a good camera.

Sig under construction.

I have no clue.

It looks like a good camera, and that looks like a good price for a good camera.

don't post irrelevant shit. it's not funny and it doesn't help anyone.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

i would save and get something nicer. i would not buy the 1200d as it will limit you, even as a beginner photographer. for a low budget, i would recommend the t5i/700d or the t6i/750d once it is released. Also, for plane spotting, you will need a decent telephoto lens which will easily cost more than the camera. You will be much happier if you save your money for a while and invest in something a bit better if you want to go the dslr route.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

i would save and get something nicer. i would not buy the 1200d as it will limit you, even as a beginner photographer. for a low budget, i would recommend the t5i/700d or the t6i/750d once it is released. Also, for plane spotting, you will need a decent telephoto lens which will easily cost more than the camera. You will be much happier if you save your money for a while and invest in something a bit better if you want to go the dslr route.

Thank you, I will try to save up as much as possible

My PC:

Spoiler

MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti D5 4G, Ram: 16GB (2x8) HyperX Fury DDR4, Case: NZXT S340, Psu: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W , HDD's: WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 256GB Scorpio Blue, WD 2TB Caviar Blue  SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240Gb

i would save and get something nicer. i would not buy the 1200d as it will limit you, even as a beginner photographer. for a low budget, i would recommend the t5i/700d or the t6i/750d once it is released. Also, for plane spotting, you will need a decent telephoto lens which will easily cost more than the camera. You will be much happier if you save your money for a while and invest in something a bit better if you want to go the dslr route

• 2 weeks later...

I want to start photography because I like being creative and taking stunning pictures, however I do not have a camera

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Canon-Digital-Camera-18-55mm-3-5-5-6/dp/B00IE3UR08/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425854775&sr=8-1&keywords=DSLR+camera

I saw this Canon EOS 1200D, is it any good? I will propably take pictures of landscapes, or close ups of different gadgets or nature. Ideally i would want the camera to be <£300. I will sometimes go plane spotting

all i can tell you is that, if you want to go plane spotting you will need a 400mm+ lens and that will cost you around $1000USD for that lens, and thats a really cheap price for it, unless you are willing to go manual lens.

all i can tell you is that, if you want to go plane spotting you will need a 400mm+ lens and that will cost you around $1000USD for that lens, and thats a really cheap price for it, unless you are willing to go manual lens.

I dont need the best thing ever, something that can just take pictures that dont look crap would be nice.

Most of my photography would be up close and personal anyways

My PC:

Spoiler

You'll be able to do Close ups and Landscape decently with this camera. But plane spotting? Doubt it. You'll need a faster lens for that. 

I dont need the best thing ever, something that can just take pictures that dont look crap would be nice.

Most of my photography would be up close and personal anyways

no the 400mm lens is the low end of the budget to take pictures of planes. Cause the included lens are too short, meaning your plane in the picture would be really really small.

Or let me rephrase this, the camera and lens it comes with is perfectly fine for taking basic portraits and some landscape, you will need a closeup filter to take macro, which will prob cost you about $10 USD. but if you want to take picture of planes, you will need another lens that i recommend around 400mm focal length which on a APS-c sensor (the camera you are looking at is) 300mm will be fine, but this lens will prob cost you about $1000 USD, or od course a used lens that is manual (meaning you ahve to focus yourself) would be alot cheaper

so in words: yes the price is not bad for the camera and lens

but remember you will also need a close up filter ($10USD or so) to get closeups and a lens for plane spotting (you'll pretty much always need a additional lens for plane spotting)