Budget - Mid Range AMD based build

I'd hate to interrupt this amazing conversation, but the guy said he wasn't going to consider intel.

Well then I would reccomend that he goes for a FX 6350 as for a little more money it comes with a higher clock speed and may perform better (I dont know too much about AMD)

Link: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/amd-cpu-fd6350frhkbox

My PC Specs

Spoiler

CPU ¦ Intel Core i5 4690k @4.3GHz, Motherboard ¦ ASUS MAXIMUS RANGER VII, RAM ¦ 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Value DDR3, Case ¦ Corsair SPEC-02, PSU ¦ Corsair CX600, Storage ¦ Samsung 850 EVO SSD 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB 7200RPM, Mouse ¦ Corsair Sabre RGB Optical Gaming Mouse, Keyboard ¦ Cooler Master Quick Fire TK Cherry MX Blue, Headset ¦ Astro A40 2014 with Mixamp Pro, Microphone ¦ Blue Snowball iCE.

this whole time the i3 4150 was the i3 that was being used, but as you have now changed that for the i3 4330, that means that the price would be higher and the pentium would be an even better because it is more expensive and almost 2x the price of the pentium and get's a tiny bit less fps when overclocked...

Actually the high i3s mostly just have better iGPUs, so the 4330 isn't much better than the 4150. You WILL need to spend as much total on a pentium setup as an i3 setup if you want comparable performance. @Tim Drake is correct on basically all of his points here.

I want AMD to release some new badass CPU's so these arguments would have some point cause i'm sick and tired of seeing people arguing over the same thing over and overa gain

so just thinking here, but why not go with a 8350 and a R9 270 ?

so just thinking here, but why not go with a 8350 and a R9 270 ?

Same reason why people don't buy I7's and GTX 980s. Too expensive.

And the 8350 is crap. :)

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

if the pentium is overclocked it can get the same (and better) performance as the FX-6300 and with the 1150 socket it gives a more powerful upgradability in the future for something like an i5 or i7 where-as the am3+ socket would only get up to the 9590..

This video is a pentium G3258 overclocked to 4.3Ghz comparison to the FX-6300 @stock:

Wow you guys never fails to enlighten me..

With all the fuss going with how Intel is way way better than AMD, I'm really curious why are there still people going on with an AMD, what purpose does it serve? I've personally seen AMD machines run really well too.

Don't get me wrong I'm not an Intel hater, I own a I5 machine

Wow you guys never fails to enlighten me..

With all the fuss going with how Intel is way way better than AMD, I'm really curious why are there still people going on with an AMD, what purpose does it serve? I've personally seen AMD machines run really well too.

Don't get me wrong I'm not an Intel hater, I own a I5 machine

Trust me, Im no intel fanboy but AMD has nothing on the table right now. Intel's cpu architecture is just so much more modern it's beating AMD's cpus 2 to 1. AMD is still around cause they're mainly for budget builds. Anything 800ish or higher is a guarantee intel build these days.