Make my M.2 drive more attractive?

ArcticfoxHQ

Is there anything i could make or fabricate to make an M.2 drive look better? I hate the green PCB in the middle of my completely black blue. Is there anyway to cove it or paint it or something?

Is that a computer or a jet engine? Why not both?

Is there anything i could make or fabricate to make an M.2 drive look better? I hate the green PCB in the middle of my completely black blue. Is there anyway to cove it or paint it or something?

You could plasti dip the module itself and mask off the contacts or use a piece of black plastic and cover over it using some double stick tape. Note becareful when covering the controller module some can get a bit toasty.

Make a cover for it? It shouldn't be much more complicated than that.

Out of what tho? like a really thin sheet of metal or plexy or?

Yeah, just get some brushed aluminium, make a cover that connects with the screw hole and some other random, non conductive area of the drive

Plexi would work but may be a bit thick but can work, If you have a hobby store or craft store nearby most sell fairly thin but stiff plasti sheets you can use to cover up the front side of the drive to hide the green PCB. Another solution is to get some plastic packaging that is a flat but fairly stiff you can paint it and double stick it over top of the M.2 SSD.

I would hope manufactures start to use black pcb for m.2 as it's not quite there yet. Hopefully in a year or two as it gets more popular.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

f58bedb4-ae5a-44e3-9f64-2403bddcf545_400

"Rawr XD"

you can make a aluminium plate and stick it on the controller and flash modules with thermal glue (the same stuff that's used to attach small heatsinks to vrms) and maybe also use the screw hole

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

Maybe use a extended screwed rod with a small spacer and use that to fix a covering plate? Be interested to see as I'd like something similar for my Asus Z10PE mounted one.

Just a note before you start taking these suggestions......my m2 drives gets REALLY hot. From what I have read it is standard for m2 drives. Spraying or enclosing your m2 drive sounds like a very bad idea.  

Other than that...let me know how your attempts to beautify your m2 turn out!

CPU Intel i7 5930k - Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe - RAM Kingston DDR4 32GB - GPU nVidia GeForce GTX980 3way SLI - Case NZXT H440 – Samsung XP941 m.2, Samsung 850 Pro, WD Black, WD Red - PSU Corsair Ax1200i

Just a note before you start taking these suggestions......my m2 drives gets REALLY hot. From what I have read it is standard for m2 drives. Spraying or enclosing your m2 drive sounds like a very bad idea.  

Other than that...let me know how your attempts to beautify your m2 turn out!

Yeah, I've read it does get really hot. The best thing to do would be to put a heatsink on it.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Yeah, I've read it does get really hot. The best thing to do would be to put a heatsink on it.

do you think if i took and aluminum plate and thermal glued it to the drive. then engraved the aluminum its would look good?

• 2 weeks later...

Get some heatsinks, spray paint those, then strap that to the drive and boom. Functional and somewhat good looking.