[Project log] white99 [2k16 Edition] - Corsair 540, ASUS x99, GTX 970, 16gb KLEVV CRAS

50mm
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks!

Sorry for the lack of updates at the moment. I wanted to finish this project a bit earlier but i have to wait for the last parts.

As soon as i get the parts and finish this mod it won't be a 540 anymore ;)

Currently i'm just testing SLI but i'm not sure if i'm going to keep the second GPU.

The power is massive and games run fine but i need to buy another Waterblock and i could save the money and use it for my next project.

I hope to get it finished in the next 1 or 2 weeks to show you guys some nice photos :D

Nice to see you :)

I can send you some more photos tomorrow if you're interested. Really looking forward to finish this project with a huge photo shoot at different locations.

OK cool! Just post them in this thread, you don't need to bother with Instagram messages. You probably know how I feel about Instagram compression haha

@nchilds98

Sorry for the late reply, here are some wallpapers you can use and share: http://imgur.com/gallery/zWSyq/new :)

But i also got a little update!

nubcustoms.com is currently working on my two sLight covers and sent me some pictures of the first one.

It will be powder coated afterwards in a nice black, i'll add a link to a photo where you can see the finish.

ZYIforF.jpg

WOSJt01.jpg

HPDzx5U.jpg

Just looks amazing, can't wait to build it into my case! :)

Here's a photo of the powder coating: http://nubcustoms.com/images/blog/mm_psumounts_differenz.jpg

I took the right one ;)

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nubcustoms

How does one get sponsors on their first build?  I'm starting my first build soon and have no hope of getting sponsored...

Currently roaming the forums in boredom

I like mice and keyboards and the sort

Formerly TheFlurryGames

How does one get sponsors on their first build?  I'm starting my first build soon and have no hope of getting sponsored...

There is no real guide how to get sponsored, but i would try to get in contact, show what you can offer and stay connected with the companies. If they like it chances are good.

I wish you good luck and hope you can find someone who will support your ideas :)

There is no real guide how to get sponsored, but i would try to get in contact, show what you can offer and stay connected with the companies. If they like it chances are good.

I wish you good luck and hope you can find someone who will support your ideas :)

Currently roaming the forums in boredom

I like mice and keyboards and the sort

Formerly TheFlurryGames

man I hope to finally see some results, looks very clean, maybe you can show us the tools you normally use, would be kinda interesting for me atleast :P

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

@C0LL0SS0S

The cut wasn't really clean, but it will do the job :D

I'm using a jigsaw, a drill and a dremel, that's all i need :P

@beach_boy98

Much cheaper than coolant ;) Thanks!

btw, the first part is getting ready, going to cut the "EndLightenT" plates the next days, my jigsaw is a piece of crap so i need to get some better tools or ask a professional to cut it for me  :D 
IWXsbIn.jpg

Awesome bro! Subb'd!

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

Thank you man!

Currently working on the sLights, it needs patience to work with acrylic but it's fun :D

Even though you won't see the HDDs afterwards, i love the look of massive storage :rolleyes:
WNJA56X.jpg

The layers of the sLight, everything fits!

4lKyTet.jpg

qujsvLQ.jpg

Drilling all day ..

0MUZyWZ.jpg

Going to polish the edges tomorrow, the other acrylic parts should arrive the next days, then i can finally build everything together :)

Update! :)

The first sLight is getting ready, only need some new tape for the edges.

Also did a underexposed image to show you where it is at its brightest, but you won't notice this with your bare eyes.

Really happy with the result, hope you like it!

J9gCxDa.jpg

pSfu29D.jpg

I'll upload some more photos the next days, so stay tuned! :)

Man I really like this sLight, looks awesome, looking forward to see some DSLR shots again :P

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

That is one sexy build. Man I love Air 540, my next case for sure. :)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Thanks  :-)

Seems like my smartphone didn't upload any photos.. but the system is running again and i can't wait to show you some photos, it looks more awesome than i thought it would look :D

It's not finished yet, need to refill the loop tomorrow since i got some dirt in it :-/