Computer limiting wireless card.

caim1231

I have a spare wireless card that I decided to give to my friend who needed one, but we found that his desktop can only be 3 feet away to have even a 3 bar connection to the internet whereas that same card, in my laptop, has full strength a floor above the router.

Does he have up to date drivers installed for the network adapter?

also depends on what kind of router he is using. Might have a terribad wifi antennae.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Does he have up to date drivers installed for the network adapter?

No he doesnt, ill update it and tell you the results.

Ignore this reply, accidentally quoted the wrong person and I dont know how to delete it.

also depends on what kind of router he is using. Might have a terribad wifi antennae.

Not Sure what kind he is using, but it cant be the router because I have full strength

Not Sure what kind he is using, but it cant be the router because I have full strength

Then as the First post said, check driver status, (i.e. up to date drivers, or even installed the right drivers)

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Then as the First post said, check driver status, (i.e. up to date drivers, or even installed the right drivers)

We tried to update the drivers but it wont update.

We tried to update the drivers but it wont update.

By what do you mean it wont update? Are they already updated or are there no drivers you can find?

By what do you mean it wont update? Are they already updated or are there no drivers you can find?

I guess they might be already updated to the latest version because the version number never changed.

if you're using a program to update the drivers, then try manually searching, and downloading an update for your specific model of wireless card.

If you're doing this all manually, then i have no idea other than make sure you're downloading the correct drivers for your model.