Camera that shoots RAW

KirbyTech

I am looking for a camera that will shoot RAW will give clean HDMI out at 1080P a list of 4k cameras too would be great thanks ahead of time.

just saying, i think the forum may go down any time/instability (just warning you that the thread might get lost soon :P)

Are you looking for a DSLR or dedicated video camera? 

Take a look at Blackmagic's cameras which range from 800-2.5K USD and record fantastic video

( I believe the production camera is 4K, but im not 100% sure)

Explore Blackmagic Design Products

Select a Product Family
Professional Cameras
Newlabel-angle.png
cameras.jpg
Professional Cameras

Blackmagic Design cameras feature wide dynamic range digital film quality in both HD and Ultra HD models for dramatic cinematic quality production!

From $995
Show Models

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

just saying, i think the forum may go down any time/instability (just warning you that the thread might get lost soon :P)

Are you looking for a DSLR or dedicated video camera? 

I get the forum is messed but figured might as well post anyway. And I am hoping to get a dedicated video camera but a DSLR works too.

I get the forum is messed but figured might as well post anyway. And I am hoping to get a dedicated video camera but a DSLR works too.

look at the post i edited above ^^ with the blackmagic pocket-production cameras etc

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

You could try the Olympus E-M10. I think it outputs the videos per HDMI, and it takes pictures in RAW and JPEG simultaneously.

All cameras do that now days, I am looking for video not pictures.

look at the post i edited above ^^ with the blackmagic pocket-production cameras etc

I like the pocket camera my only issue with it is that is is so small. It would be really hard to work with and does not have that professional look to it that even a DSLR can have. It also lacks much in the way of a good screen from my limited testing of it (rented it, the MMPC and the C100 about a month ago)

Why don't you say camcorder then? A camera takes pictures, not videos.

I did say 1080P which is video also DSLRs take video so yes cameras take video.

All cameras do that now days, I am looking for video not pictures.

I like the pocket camera my only issue with it is that is is so small. It would be really hard to work with and does not have that professional look to it that even a DSLR can have. It also lacks much in the way of a good screen from my limited testing of it (rented it, the MMPC and the C100 about a month ago)

What's your budget?

<$1K 

DSLR's can do better video at this price point

$1k-$2k

Blackmagic Pocket with a good lens and maybe some accessories

2.5K-3K

Used C100 maybe? or Blackmagic cinema camera

3K+

At this point you should know your cameras...

maybe he wants to be able to replace lenses and add accessories etc.  like cinema/video production cameras

What's your budget?

<$1K 

DSLR's can do better video at this price point

$1k-$2k

Blackmagic Pocket with a good lens and maybe some accessories

2.5K-3K

Used C100 maybe? or Blackmagic cinema camera

3K+

At this point you should know your cameras...

maybe he wants to be able to replace lenses and add accessories etc.  like cinema/video production cameras

I have a budget of $2500 CAD but would like to stay around $2000 is possible. Also while a really like Black Magics offerings I see one major issue with them, that is that they are not really made to be used on the go. Also the horrid low light performance worries me as I will be using this camera 3 times a year for show coverage. 

I have a budget of $2500 CAD but would like to stay around $2000 is possible. Also while a really like Black Magics offerings I see one major issue with them, that is that they are not really made to be used on the go. Also the horrid low light performance worries me as I will be using this camera 3 times a year for show coverage. 

Actually the low light performance of the production camera is quite fantastic, almost up to the C100's level 

No visible grain till ISO 256K or something crazy like that

I have no other recommended choices (FS100U sony maybe?) besides a DSLR like the 7D MKII

Actually the low light performance of the production camera is quite fantastic, almost up to the C100's level 

No visible grain till ISO 256K or something crazy like that

I have no other recommended choices (FS100U sony maybe?) besides a DSLR like the 7D MKII

I thought the production camera only went up to ISO 800 and was not usable past 400? Link to somewhere showing more?

I thought the production camera only went up to ISO 800 and was not usable past 400? Link to somewhere showing more?

Oh yea sorry i forgot about that,,,

Now i'm trying to find out which camera was the one that had fantastic performance at high iso!!

Also more choices:

Sony A7s

Panasonic GH4

Oh yea sorry i forgot about that,,,

Now i'm trying to find out which camera was the one that had fantastic performance at high iso!!

Also more choices:

Sony A7s

Panasonic GH4

The Sony A7s is the one with amazing low light. Maybe it will be a good choice, no RAW but Prores. 

That's arguable and pedantic. I'm really not sure why you would even say this.

To OP:

I know this goes against what you asked for, but raw video really isn't worth it most of the time. Unless your production needs very specifically require it, you would save time, storage space and have more choices for cameras by going with a different codec, like ProRes. it's still very workable, and many video professionals (Philip Bloom comes to mind) have said more than once that raw is often more of a detriment than a benefit.

But if you insist on having in-camera raw, I would second the notion of the A7s, GH4, BMCC, or a used C100. A budget would help a lot, though.

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

That's arguable and pedantic. I'm really not sure why you would even say this.

To OP:

I know this goes against what you asked for, but raw video really isn't worth it most of the time. Unless your production needs very specifically require it, you would save time, storage space and have more choices for cameras by going with a different codec, like ProRes. it's still very workable, and many video professionals (Philip Bloom comes to mind) have said more than once that raw is often more of a detriment than a benefit.

But if you insist on having in-camera raw, I would second the notion of the A7s, GH4, BMCC, or a used C100. A budget would help a lot, though.

For budget I posted above $2000-2500 CAD  should edit to OP.

I know that RAW does have its draw backs but I realize that I can get more out of it in post. I have noticed I am horrid at nailing things in camera like white balance, perfect exposure and things like that. That is the reason I think RAW would help me more than it would cause issues (space and processing power). 

For budget I posted above $2000-2500 CAD  should edit to OP.

I know that RAW does have its draw backs but I realize that I can get more out of it in post. I have noticed I am horrid at nailing things in camera like white balance, perfect exposure and things like that. That is the reason I think RAW would help me more than it would cause issues (space and processing power). 

Alright, so my suggestion for you then is the Panasonic GH4. The money left over should be enough to get you some nice lenses, if you need any, as well as any other expenses.

I'm trying to come up with a possibly better solution, but nothing comes to mind at the moment, other than saving up another $500 for the BMCC 4K.

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

Alright, so my suggestion for you then is the Panasonic GH4. The money left over should be enough to get you some nice lenses, if you need any, as well as any other expenses.

I'm trying to come up with a possibly better solution, but nothing comes to mind at the moment, other than saving up another $500 for the BMCC 4K.

I think I will go with the Black Magic 2.5k and some mobile lighting or wait and see what comes out of NAB 2015.

I think I will go with the Black Magic 2.5k and some mobile lighting or wait and see what comes out of NAB 2015.

Sounds good.

I am looking for a camera that will shoot RAW will give clean HDMI out at 1080P a list of 4k cameras too would be great thanks ahead of time.

Another vote for the A7s, if its good enough for Philip Bloom its good enough for anyone else,

Can always use atamos ninja blade 2 for hit bitrate 1080p or shogun for 4k recording, though its 1080p is pretty exceptional! also very small and light to go onto a small rig ( i have one for my A7)

Can use pretty much any adapted lens (im using some old canon FD glass)

also one of the best performing low light cameras ever!, also it takes decent stills if you need it, though only 10mp (still decent though)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Another vote for the A7s, if its good enough for Philip Bloom its good enough for anyone else,

Can always use atamos ninja blade 2 for hit bitrate 1080p or shogun for 4k recording, though its 1080p is pretty exceptional! also very small and light to go onto a small rig ( i have one for my A7)

Can use pretty much any adapted lens (im using some old canon FD glass)

also one of the best performing low light cameras ever!, also it takes decent stills if you need it, though only 10mp (still decent though)

☰☰G E E K A Z O I D☰☰

Approves Of This Post

:D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

You can do 1080p 24fps RAW (ML) on the 5D Mark III if you also want to do some photography on the side also.

Workstation i7-3930k | GTX 980 SLI | 2 x P2715Q (2160p) | AX1200i | H100i

Server E3-1245v3 | 24GB RAM | Be Quiet! 600W PSU | Be Quiet! Rock Pro 3