Router specs question..

LPTechnoAce

If a router is rated at 10/100 Mbps and its peak connection (Supports SIM card) is 150Mbps...

how can a user get less than 150Mbps (101-150) speed if it only supports 10/100??

A little bit confused here.. sorry if I'm such a noob.. :)

If a router is rated at 10/100 Mbps and its peak connection (Supports SIM card) is 150Mbps...

how can a user get less than 150Mbps (101-150) speed if it only supports 10/100??

A little bit confused here.. sorry if I'm such a noob.. :)

If you have an >100Mbps internet connection, get a router that has a 1Gbps WAN and LAN ports (and Wireless N or faster). Because yes, 100Mbps is 100... not 150 :)

Now, if your router has the sim card built in, and that can be 150Mbps, you dont need to worry about the WAN port, but the connections to your computers (LAN ports, or wireless) should be either Wireless-N or Gigabit. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

Theoretically the connection will be slowed but I would ask whether you can really get 150 megabits per second over UMTS network. Can you do an internet speed test?

If the mobile network does not fulfil the 150 megabits per second promise there is no need for putting money down the drain to remove a bottleneck that really is none at the moment.

How many large downloads do you do each month? How much time would upgrading from 100 to 150 Megabits theoretically save you?