Samsung hybrid device with 3200x1800 pixels on 13.3" screen

PC_Suchti

Apparently Samsung announced a new tablet/notebook named "Ativ Q" that features a 13.3" screen with 3200x1800 pixels (finally something high res).
It sports some 4th gen. i5 Intel CPU and 4GB RAM as well as 128GB of flash-based storage.
They claim it can run up to 9 hours on battery.

What's also really interesting is that it runs both Android and Windows 8 so you can switch between those by the push of a button.

On a personal note: Is that a trackpoint on the keyboard?! ... I LOVE THOSE

ATIV%20Q%20(1).jpg

Source (german): http://www.golem.de/news/ativ-q-windows-hybrid-mit-android-und-3-200-x-1-800-pixeln-1306-99936.html
other source: http://reviews.cnet.com/tablets/samsung-ativ-q/4505-3126_7-35796877.html

This seriously makes me wonder why development on monitors at the desktop side of things is going so horribly slow.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

This device looks so nice! Love that their screen is a high res screen and dual boots Windows 8 and Android. :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

4k monitors on things that run integrated graphics but the real power house of a PC gets screwed over in high resolution displays? Why can we have this but not a real monitor? Is this thing going to cost like 5 grand because of the display, like what they are charging for tv's and monitors with that kind of display? Granted it is 800 pixels less on the horizontal but still the thing is 13" big. I don't understand the difference in products and pricing for lcd high resolution displays ranging from $500 to 10k

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

This seriously makes me wonder why development on monitors at the desktop side of things is going so horribly slow.

because the sales aren't there. literally. for every 100,000 usd spent on desktop monitors. over 10,000,000 usd is spent on laptops. people WILL NOT give a flying enormous monkey turd about the enthusiast market until demand is reached into the market.

just like Asus transformer book trio right there :)

It's a slightly different style; this hybrid can be used as an Android or Windows device regardless of its configuration while the Trio was only demonstrated as detecting its configuration and using the "appropriate" OS. On the other hand, this probably can't display the Android OS to one screen and the Windows OS to a different one like the Trio can, and doesn't seem to have a trackpad (which I still really like to see even on touchscreen laptops and convertibles).

Dear Santa.......

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

I'm very glad to see that Samsung is pushing high-res displays. It's about time.

What about Asus's 4K monitor?

What about Asus's 4K monitor?

It's 32", that's what's about it.  If they can fit 3200x1800 in a 13" screen, why only 1920x1080 in a 24" screen?  Why is it that the best they can do is a 32" monitor for 4K even though we've had the capability for over ten years?  As there was a 22" monitor with higher than 4K in 2002... on the open market...

a flying enormous monkey turd

that made my day XD

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015