Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

My goals are a wee bit different than yours. :lol:

It seems like it :D

The reason I want to keep it for a long time is it's not a car you see very often and I love them, even if it is a Honda (I usually hate Hondas)

I want to make it really quite nice.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

It seems like it :D

The reason I want to keep it for a long time is it's not a car you see very often and I love them, even if it is a Honda (I usually hate Hondas)

I want to make it really quite nice.

I don't intend on selling my truck, ever, but I want it to be prepared for heavy work in environments that aren't exactly good for it. Everything to be done is for the sole purpose of making it last longer. And hey, for $50k total on a truck it's not too bad once it's done.

I don't intend on selling my truck, ever, but I want it to be prepared for heavy work in environments that aren't exactly good for it. Everything to be done is for the sole purpose of making it last longer. And hey, for $50k total on a truck it's not too bad once it's done.

I'm kinda worried about winters around here so there's a good chance I'll buy a winter beater. Probably a cheap S10 or something similar.

There are times we can get over a foot of snow over night. So FWD may not treat me too well during that

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I'm kinda worried about winters around here so there's a good chance I'll buy a winter beater. Probably a cheap S10 or something similar.

I'm not worried about the snow, that's what Line-X is for! :D Probably going to end up doing the outside of the truck in Line-X too. Not cheap but once everything is cleaned and covered it'll be pretty damn hard for any rust to eat through it. Plus I won't have to care about paint scratches or the like.

I'm not worried about the snow, that's what Line-X is for! :D Probably going to end up doing the outside of the truck in Line-X too. Not cheap but once everything is cleaned and covered it'll be pretty damn hard for any rust to eat through it. Plus I won't have to care about paint scratches or the like.

A good friend of mine has a 1994 S10 that did amazingly this past winter with some sandbags in the bed. So I may just copy what he did, depends on how FWD treats me during the winters

A good friend of mine has a 1994 S10 that did amazingly this past winter with some sandbags in the bed. So I may just copy what he did, depends on how FWD treats me during the winters

If you do end up getting a RWD truck, throw some sandbags or cinder blocks in the back. It really helps with traction.

Probably Skoda is lower than VW in the quality structure.

That doesn't change my mind though. MY dad's Ocatavia has nice black subtle almost audi-like interior. My mum's Golf has some weird youtful brown mess of an interior with a gaudy low res touchscreen radio.

The Octavia and Golf are essentially sister models so they probably get similar level of interior too.

Skoda is their affordable brand, but that does not mean that they are lower in quality (they seem to be quite reliable). They are usually lower in equipment levels at the same class though.

Skodas are still quite a bit more expensive than Dacias. Dacia makes reliable few-frills transportation.

If you do end up getting a RWD truck, throw some sandbags or cinder blocks in the back. It really helps with traction.

I'll definitely do that

(Also will get it sidways in a few parking lots. That S10 could hold an angle amazingly well. We went drifting at a local school parking lot on Thanksgiving (We got 4 or 5 inches of snow that day) With the sandbags in the bed it was great

Then someone else had the same plan and showed up with their newer Dodge Challenger and we tandemed with them for about 15 minutes before we left for another parking lot :D

I'll definitely do that

(Also will get it sidways in a few parking lots. That S10 could hold an angle amazingly well. We went drifting at a local school parking lot on Thanksgiving (We got 4 or 5 inches of snow that day) With the sandbags in the bed it was great

Then someone else had the same plan and showed up with their newer Dodge Challenger and we tandemed with them for about 15 minutes before we left for another parking lot :D

Given how little traction you get especially from an empty bed, if you stomp it you'll be able to go sideways. :P

Given how little traction you get especially from an empty bed, if you stomp it you'll be able to go sideways. :P

That was with two sandbags in the back, we took the other 3 out at the beginning of the day because we planned on going drifting but wanted to still be able to keep it controlled on the roads :D

That was with two sandbags in the back, we took the other 3 out at the beginning of the day because we planned on going drifting but wanted to still be able to keep it controlled on the roads :D

I'd say a good amount to have for snow is at least six. :P

I know what I'm forgetting to add to that list. I need a slim metal tool box for underneath the rear bench, and a smaller medical kit that I can stick under the 1/3 seat.

I'd say a good amount to have for snow is at least six. :P

5 did well enough for us :P

This is the area I was talking about that likes to get FWD cars stuck in the mud, about 8 cars can fit in the drive but once it's full you have to park on the north side of those pines. Many cars get stuck over there:

9GrcfEo.png

Although it isn't exactly car based, it was taken from sniff petrol (best satirical motoring website around) and it's to do with the new Tesla powerwall

PicNews150501.jpg

Check out their website here: http://sniffpetrol.com/as it's run by some of the guys who worked on Top Gear, such as Richard Porter.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

IDK... I love my truck...

Well we all have our own opinions on the big 3. :ph34r:

How much mileage?

Well we all have our own opinions on the big 3. :ph34r:

How much mileage?

213k, just broke it in :)

213k, just broke it in :)

Damn, nice. What year and what have you done with it?

I agree with that fourth bubble.

It will happen. You can guarantee some twat will mess around with it and decimate himself.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

It will happen. You can guarantee some twat will mess around with it and decimate himself.

And I'll be there to laugh. :)

Damn, nice. What year and what have you done with it?

2003, it's the 6.6 Diesel. Stock turbo. I did some rust repair, painted it myself, did an LED Swap for all the interior lights and dash indicators. Amp, redid alot of the wiring. Just making it look nice before I do anything major.

2003, it's the 6.6 Diesel. Stock turbo. I did some rust repair, painted it myself, did an LED Swap for all the interior lights and dash indicators. Amp, redid alot of the wiring. Just making it look nice before I do anything major.

Not bad. :D

is that a mondeo top gear would be proud

yes :D

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016