New PC setup don't work

Asepsis

Hey guys. Something gone wrong.

PC Setup:

http://geizhals.de/?cat=WL-483955

After I build my pc, I tried to start it. So far all working fine.

Only the CPU-fan doesnt work. all other fans which I have conected with the power subbly are working fine.

After I pushed the start button, the pc starts, but i didnt get anything on my LCD(Desktop). Nothing showed up. Beside that, all USB Ports are dead.

Maybe you had a problem like that before or not, idk ^^.

I hope you are able to help me.

Best greetz Asepsis

Double check all your power cables, main power, EPS (Use the built in one), GPU (Make sure you don't accidentally use an EPS cable). Ignore the molex on the motherboard it's not important for you.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

OK the 3pin fan connector seems to be broken :(. I'll tomorrow reseating the gpu. EPS cable? I connectes my GPU with an vga cable, sorry this is my first build so I am not able to understand all shortcuts. I'll post tomorrow some Screenshots,aybe this hell you to help me :) best greets aseps

OK the 3pin fan connector seems to be broken :(. I'll tomorrow reseating the gpu. EPS cable? I connectes my GPU with an vga cable, sorry this is my first build so I am not able to understand all shortcuts. I'll post tomorrow some Screenshots,aybe this hell you to help me :) best greets aseps
He means unplug everything put it back in, rule 1 when PCs don't start is to reseat all the cables :)
Double check all your power cables, main power, EPS (Use the built in one), GPU (Make sure you don't accidentally use an EPS cable). Ignore the molex on the motherboard it's not important for you.
You cant accidentally switch them over iirc

http://i.imgur.com/T7jwAkz.jpg

This image should help a bit. Note main power, EPS and CPU_FAN1 need to be filled with the proper cables. Nothing will happen with no 24 pin, not sure what will happen with no EPS, and system will refuse to run without CPU_FAN1.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

24pin connected. EPS isnt. Can I plug in a VGA in the eps?

24pin connected. EPS isnt. Can I plug in a VGA in the eps?

VGA Wat? Just connect an 8pin ATV12V cable on it and it should work. (It's that cable that has 8-pins but can be split in half as well).

http://i.imgur.com/DRh21vp.png  The part of the Mobo that tells you it is an 8-pin ATX12V socket

The PDF in English page 6(14): ftp://66.226.78.21/manual/Fatal1ty%20X99X%20Killer.pdf

OK, I pluged in the 8pin eps. Now the PC try to start, but fail, again again and again. It doesnt Start 100% maybe to 60% or 80% after it stops and starts again.

OK, I pluged in the 8pin eps. Now the PC try to start, but fail, again again and again. It doesnt Start 100% maybe to 60% or 80% after it stops and starts again.

EPS or ATX 8-pin?

EPS or ATX 8-pin?

Both the same.

Can you take a picture of the mobo, you say it doesn't start, are we talking windows or does it boot up for a second then shuts down?

This is a little hard to diagnose without any really good idea of the issue.  Could you film the computer trying to start and upload it to youtube as an unlisted video or whatever and just post it here, then we can see it. 

To me it actually sounds like either a Motherboard or CPU issue.  It could be RAM too, but most likely Motherboard or CPU. 

However some things to double check:

1.You put the CPU power connector not the GPU power connector on the motherboard.  6+2pin = GPU, 4+4 = CPU.

2.Make sure there is thermal paste and the CPU fan connector is actually plugged in.     

3.Take your motherboard out of the case and start it out of the case and on the motherboard box, this ensures the motherboard isn't getting shorted out by a standoff or something.

4.Try Reset CMOS, if you don't know how try and follow the guide in your motherboard manual. 

Hope this helps :)

if the mobo is installed into the case

there might be a short somewhere

Where does it say that?

in the OP first post near the end of the 4th line

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Judging by his english skills, we need someone who speaks german well enough to help him.

Seems like he connected some stuff in the wrong place and/or not at all.

CPU:Intel I7-6700k , CPU Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO MB: Asus Maximus VIII Hero, Ram: Kingston 2666 Mhz 16GB, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC ACX 3.0, PSU: Corsair AXi 860W, HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1x2TB, WD Green 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Samsung 1TB, SSD Samsung 840 120GB (OS DRIVE), SSD Samsung 840 250GB, Case: Enermax Fulmo GT.

Hey Guys

I found the problem, the RAM was broken :/

Now the pc is working fine :)

Thank you to all!

Greetz Asep

Hey Guys

I found the problem, the RAM was broken :/

Now the pc is working fine :)

Thank you to all!

Greetz Asep

Are you sure it wasn't incorrectly fitted? I'd retry the stick if you can.