$800 USD Gaming Rig [I need some help]

Hey there,

I'm looking for a $750 - $900 USD gaming PC. I'm looking to play most (if not all) games in high - ultra settings at a reasonable FPS. Looking to buy in the next week or so!! xD

• Budget: I'm looking at around $750 - $900 USD MAX, I really can't afford anything more than this, if it's going to hit 900 than that price will *need* to include a copy of windows.

• Location: I live in Singapore, There aren't really any well known mega-stores that to tech stuff, but there are a few reputable  sources that are fine. A couple of online places, some others, and Sim-Lim square. (over 150 computer hardware stores. That place blew my mind). I'm not sure if prices of certain hardware is cheaper over here, but i think they are. Think.

• Use: I'm looking for gaming, 90% gaming. Yes, i need it to do some other school things as well, so i need to keep that in mind. Games wise, Farcry, CS:GO, Mirrors Edge, SpinTires

• Overclocking: I have no plans to oc, I just can't afford for anything to go wrong. I'm a poor teenager that's been saving up for this for a stupid amount of time. I really just don't want to melt my cpu or something. That would be terrible.

• OS: I do need an operating system. Most likely Windows 8 (What is 8.1 ??)

• Peripherals: Honestly, I just need some advice in what to look for. I'm probably looking at a Deathadder and some sort of mousepad.

• Monitor: This is a special one, I'm looking to use a broken iMac as a monitor. It's about 4/5 years old. Would this be possible? It doesn't turn on so i don't know. (If so, what cable??)

• Wireless Card: Yup, i do need one... Thats it. Prefurably quite a good one??? Options?

• Case Features: I live in Singapore, Under no circumstances ever. EVER. Can i use a white case. My parents old work pc had a white case, and about a month later it was yellow, like piss colour. 

Below i shall attempt to put in some pcpartpicker ideas that my limited knowledge and over 100+ hours (Yes, i've counted. I have spent ages) have managed to put together. 

**1**

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($179.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI B85-G41 PC Mate ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($79.49 @ Amazon) 
Memory: A-Data XPG V2 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($69.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($44.99 @ NCIX US) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($89.98 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $847.33

**2**

Motherboard: Asus B85M-G Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($74.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card  ($347.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: Corsair Gaming 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($69.99 @ Micro Center) 
Total: $865.84
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-17 00:24 EDT-0400

**3**

Motherboard: ASRock H81 Pro BTC ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($51.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($34.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 290 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($234.99 @ NCIX US) 
Case: Azza SIRIUS ATX Mid Tower Case  ($24.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($54.99 @ Micro Center) 
Total: $622.93
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-19 00:43 EST-0500

-=-=-=-=-=-

So, uh, thanks if you actually read all the way down to here, and an even bigger thanks if you actually helped me with this. 

Cheers,

Mad_Gibbon

Okay, i quite like the look of that!

Could anyone else confirm that the above build is nice??

Okay, i quite like the look of that!

Could anyone else confirm that the above build is nice??

It would help if you could link us to where you're actually shopping. Pricing and availability vary depending on region and good part recommendations generally hinge on pricing.

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It would help if you could link us to where you're actually shopping. Pricing and availability vary depending on region and good part recommendations generally hinge on pricing.

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

I live in Singapore, So i have no clue as how to pricing varies. I believe parts are slightly cheaper, but are pretty much just the average US price..

I live in Singapore, So i have no clue as how to pricing varies. I believe parts are slightly cheaper, but are pretty much just the average US price..

In that case, I'd give a more flexible suggestion:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($169.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
or any of the Haswell (not refresh) i5 that isn't a low power skew ending with -S or -T.
Motherboard: ECS B85H3-M(1.0) Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($46.48 @ Newegg) 
Or any other 4 ram slot 1150 motherboard.
or any other 8GB ram kit
Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($59.99 @ NCIX US) 
or any of the other decent to great 120-128GB ssds such as A-data Premiere, Crucial MX100/M500/M550, Intel 520, Samsung 840/Evo, Kingston HyperX 3k, Sandisk Extreme II, etc.
or WD Blue--whichever is cheaper.
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($244.99 @ NCIX US) 
280x/7970/770--whichever aftermarket model ends up cheapest. 
Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($40.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($49.99 @ NCIX US) 
or any other decent ~550w psu.
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($93.99 @ NCIX US) 
I'd suggest Win8.1 since it's better but the UI's appeal depends on preference.
Total: $816.40
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-22 05:58 EST-0500

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Hey there,

I'm looking for a $750 - $900 USD gaming PC. I'm looking to play most (if not all) games in high - ultra settings at a reasonable FPS. Looking to buy in the next week or so!! xD

•  
  • Budget: I'm looking at around $750 - $900 USD MAX, I really can't afford anything more than this, if it's going to hit 900 than that price will *need* to include a copy of windows.
  •  
  • Location: I live in Singapore, There aren't really any well known mega-stores that to tech stuff, but there are a few reputable  sources that are fine. A couple of online places, some others, and Sim-Lim square. (over 150 computer hardware stores. That place blew my mind). I'm not sure if prices of certain hardware is cheaper over here, but i think they are. Think.
  •  
  • Use: I'm looking for gaming, 90% gaming. Yes, i need it to do some other school things as well, so i need to keep that in mind. Games wise, Farcry, CS:GO, Mirrors Edge, SpinTires
  •  
  • Overclocking: I have no plans to oc, I just can't afford for anything to go wrong. I'm a poor teenager that's been saving up for this for a stupid amount of time. I really just don't want to melt my cpu or something. That would be terrible.
  •  
  • OS: I do need an operating system. Most likely Windows 8 (What is 8.1 ??)
  •  
  • Peripherals: Honestly, I just need some advice in what to look for. I'm probably looking at a Deathadder and some sort of mousepad.
  •  
  • Monitor: This is a special one, I'm looking to use a broken iMac as a monitor. It's about 4/5 years old. Would this be possible? It doesn't turn on so i don't know. (If so, what cable??)
  •  
  • Wireless Card: Yup, i do need one... Thats it. Prefurably quite a good one??? Options?
  •  
  • Case Features: I live in Singapore, Under no circumstances ever. EVER. Can i use a white case. My parents old work pc had a white case, and about a month later it was yellow, like piss colour. 
  •  

Below i shall attempt to put in some pcpartpicker ideas that my limited knowledge and over 100+ hours (Yes, i've counted. I have spent ages) have managed to put together. 

**1**

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Motherboard: MSI B85-G41 PC Mate ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($79.49 @ Amazon) 
Memory: A-Data XPG V2 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($69.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($44.99 @ NCIX US) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($89.98 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $847.33

**2**

Motherboard: Asus B85M-G Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($74.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card  ($347.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: Corsair Gaming 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($69.99 @ Micro Center) 
Total: $865.84
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-17 00:24 EDT-0400

**3**

Motherboard: ASRock H81 Pro BTC ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($51.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($34.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 290 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($234.99 @ NCIX US) 
Case: Azza SIRIUS ATX Mid Tower Case  ($24.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($54.99 @ Micro Center) 
Total: $622.93
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-19 00:43 EST-0500

-=-=-=-=-=-

So, uh, thanks if you actually read all the way down to here, and an even bigger thanks if you actually helped me with this. 

Cheers,

Mad_Gibbon

I live in Singapore as well. Check HardwareZone for more price details, they have price lists and most electronics are significantly more expensive than the US. You cannot rely on PCPartPicker.