Budget Keyboard Suggestions

The Dragon

Although this section of the forum says no tech threads, I couldn't find one that seemed correct so if someone could direct me to the correct place that would be nice but until it'll stay here. I am buying a computer well rather building one and I have all the parts picked and everything except for one. A keyboard. The current keyboard I have is a membrane keyboard I bought for like 10 dollars. I don't use it on a daily basis because I do everything on my laptop. The only reason I have it is because I have a desktop that I run servers off of. I don't like the layouts as the enter key is the type where it is shaped like a backwards L and its just general bad quality. I want to get a keyboard yet I don't know exactly what I want but I know I want a full size regular layout keyboard. I am having trouble deciding between membrane and mechanical because I have never used a mechanical and I know that there are many different types. I like the feel of a membrane keyboard but I don't know if there is a type of mechanical keyboard that is better for me. I want it quiet so no mx blues. But I'm not sure if I want tactile feedback or not cause I don't know the different feelings between the 2. I am also running on a budget so somewhere in the 25-70 dollar range would be good. If someone has a keyboard that fits those specifications then I would love to know what it is. Thank you for your time. Its a long post so have a smiley face  :D

CPU: some amd thing Motherboard: its black RAM: its memory thats for sure GPU: r7 260x Case: corsair spec 01 Storage: 1tb of it PSU: 430w, so many watts

Display: its asus Cooling: fans Keyboard: logitech g710+ #browns4lyfe Mouse: its a logitech Sound: its what you hear Operating System: winders  

The Thermaltake eSports Meka is mechanical and decent quality for the price.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/thermaltake-keyboard-kbmek007us

Its cherry MX black so its quiet but not tactile. I couldn't find any MX browns (reasonably quiet and tactile) for your budget.

Edit: @The Dragon welcome to the forum! make sure you hit the "Follow this topic" button near the upper right to get notifications when people respond to your thread.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

The Thermaltake eSports Meka is mechanical and decent quality for the price.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/thermaltake-keyboard-kbmek007us

Its cherry MX black so its quiet but not tactile. I couldn't find any MX browns (reasonably quiet and tactile) for your budget.

Edit: @The Dragon welcome to the forum! make sure you hit the "Follow this topic" button near the upper right to get notifications when people respond to your thread.

Yeah its good but the enter key, its the weird one that looks like a backwards L. I don't like that if you can find one that doesn't have that I would be happy.

CPU: some amd thing Motherboard: its black RAM: its memory thats for sure GPU: r7 260x Case: corsair spec 01 Storage: 1tb of it PSU: 430w, so many watts

Display: its asus Cooling: fans Keyboard: logitech g710+ #browns4lyfe Mouse: its a logitech Sound: its what you hear Operating System: winders  

For that money I don't think you can buy a good mechanical keyboard so that's off. But if you are able to I would definitely recommend you do so. My friend has a Razer Black Widow Stealth, and from what I've heard him say and from my brief experience, I loved it! It's completely silent and mechanical too, and it's 80-90 bucks, so it just above your budget :)  

For that money I don't think you can buy a good mechanical keyboard so that's off. But if you are able to I would definitely recommend you do so. My friend has a Razer Black Widow Stealth, and from what I've heard him say and from my brief experience, I loved it! It's completely silent and mechanical too, and it's 80-90 bucks, so it just above your budget :)

I've heard people say that a razer stealth is not stealth at all but I will look into it

I've heard people say that a razer stealth is not stealth at all but I will look into it

As I said I only have brief experience with it(30 minutes maybe), so you might be right. I have a membrane keyboard so the sudden switch to the mechanical one might have been over rated :D plus I really like Razer products, and this one looks bad ass as well, to me at least

As I said I only have brief experience with it(30 minutes maybe), so you might be right. I have a membrane keyboard so the sudden switch to the mechanical one might have been over rated :D plus I really like Razer products, and this one looks bad ass as well, to me at least

I have done my research and I think this is the one for me. The one complaint I have is the font they use for the lettering on the keys, but as I know where the keys are and don't really have a need to ever look at them its not something I'll cry over. 

I have done my research and I think this is the one for me. The one complaint I have is the font they use for the lettering on the keys, but as I know where the keys are and don't really have a need to ever look at them its not something I'll cry over. 

Well, check out this thread first before looking into mechanical keyboards. That should give you an idea of what to look for.

But for under $70, I say just get a standard membrane keyboard unless you can save around 30 more. Corsair K30 is great as a rubber domer and it doesn't get much better for under $70.

And for the sake of all of us, please find something not from Razer. I'm tired of hearing "my Deathadder broke!" or "my Razer Blackwidow is having problems!" Razer is bottom of the barrel in terms of build quality to price ratio.

If you want something that's quiet, go for a Logitech G710+ with browns. It has O-rings dampeners which eliminate pretty much any amount of noise from the already quiet Cherry MX Browns.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Well, check out this thread first before looking into mechanical keyboards. That should give you an idea of what to look for.

But for under $70, I say just get a standard membrane keyboard unless you can save around 30 more. Corsair K30 is great as a rubber domer and it doesn't get much better for under $70.

And for the sake of all of us, please find something not from Razer. I'm tired of hearing "my Deathadder broke!" or "my Razer Blackwidow is having problems!" Razer is bottom of the barrel in terms of build quality to price ratio.

If you want something that's quiet, go for a Logitech G710+ with browns. It has O-rings dampeners which eliminate pretty much any amount of noise from the already quiet Cherry MX Browns.

I've seen the logitech g710 and its too pricey. If the black widow works long enough for me to get some more money to buy a better one then so be it.

I've seen the logitech g710 and its too pricey. If the black widow works long enough for me to get some more money to buy a better one then so be it.

Your money, your choice.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

For me this budget keyboard I can actually type faster and find more comfortable than my Corsair K70 RGB, which is just saddening, considering the price and seeing as I own the K70 and paid all that money there is no way I'm not going to use it and my daily keyboard.

Budget winner no 1 (for me) is the Logitech K120 and costs only £8! or around $10

B003ELVLKU_K120_TOP_US.jpg

It don't look that much, but your hands / fingers will rest on the keys easily, you can type really fast with it and I find I just hit the floor running with it from the moment I plug it in (I own 2). It's quite stealthy too, I enjoy being able to keep on working (typing) while I'm on the phone to someone without them even knowing (no chance I can do that with my K70).

and

Budget winner no 2 (for me) is the Logitech K200

vrCJN.jpg

Again very similar to the K120 but has media keys and a bit more square, I bought 1 of these as a backup as I thought I only had 1 x K120 as backup but actually had 2 (DOH!).

And both come in various regional keyboard layouts.