Intel to power 2 Lenovo phones in early 2015

XTankSlayerX

intel-building110812134832.jpg

^SOURCE^

Lenovo plans to announces two Intel-powered phones in the first 2 months of next year. 

Intel will both provide its 64-bit Atom processor  and LTE-Advanced modem chips for the upcoming Lenovo phones.

One targeting China coming by early February and the other one focused on emerging countries coming in early January.

Intel will introduce a 4G System-on-a-chip under the name of SoFIA. These chips will include a processor and a modem together and are sought after by handset makers because of the small size and smaller power consumption.

This seems like a good way for Intel to enter the market, possibly on the right foot, the foot that may make them rival Qualcom and their SnapDragon SoC

But atom's graphics completely suck... 

Intel Moto phone? 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

they bought motorola right?

Yes but (iirc) they are still working closely with Google on phones

HTID

lenovo was one of the only people to really use intel socs on their phones back in the day

this is good news for intel

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

lenovo was one of the only people to really use intel socs on their phones back in the day

this is good news for intel

Whoa you're alive... For some reason I don't recall seeing you on here in a while, but your posts say otherwise... Uh... In any case... Hi.

Whoa you're alive... For some reason I don't recall seeing you on here in a while, but your posts say otherwise... Uh... In any case... Hi.

i post every single day :P

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

i post every single day :P

Yeah... I guess I have been on a different part of the forum every single day.

That said, I only use recent topics.

Awesome. I hope intel starts giving qualcomm and samsung a run for their money, so we get better chips. is there any word whether these atoms are 14 or 22nm?

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

How does Intel stack up against Qualcomm anyways?

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

But atom's graphics completely suck... 

Intel Moto phone? 

I think it will be enough for mobile.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

How does Intel stack up against Qualcomm anyways?

better single core performance, (assuming 14nm) a much more advanced and matured process, i cant talk about graphics, since i dont know what intel puts into these atoms

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Good, we are one step closer to having a Xeon on my phone.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

So.. x86 or ARM? Either way i'm excited to see an Intel chip.

its x86. i dont think intel holds an arm licence. and even if they do, their Bay Trail architecture is more advanced at similar power usage than the ARM A57