Is it better to buy the XBox One as compared to Sony's Playstation 4 just because of Sony's attitudes?

Jackgamer91

In my opinion, Microsoft has done a better job of listening to consumers and adapting to the market a lot better than Sony has. People didn't want the kinect to be bundled with the Xbox, and Microsoft listened and released an Xbox One without the kinect with the price slashed $100 AND they even bundled AC unity with their package for $399. 

Sony on the other hand initially offered up the Playstation 4 for $399, and introduced multiplayer subscription fees that did not exist with the PS3, so already they took a step backwards. Then they announced a $50 hike for the Playstation 4 to $449 and bundled it with a game (TLOU) which came out in 2012. 

For that alone, wouldn't you say Microsoft won out? I think they did a much better job ethically and in marketing than Sony did. 

Core i7 2700K Oc'ed 4.4 Ghz, EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0 SC'ed, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, 240 GB Intel 730 SSD and 2 TB 7200 RPM HDD, Zalman Z9 plus case with 7 blue LED fans, Windows 10 Preview 

PC > Death > PS4 > Hell > Xbone

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

What "attitude"? PS4 is the better console regardless. Keep in mind there's very little profit margin with console hardware, they couldn't keep PSN free forever. Running servers costs a lot of money.

"Rawr XD"

Better to buy? Eh, I don't know.

I don't normally base my purchase choices off of a company's choices unless they directly translate into some greivance for the consumer. i do it based upon what I like about the product. I don't find the PS4 to be appealing to me personally. Meanwhile, I'd love an Xbox One (and am getting one for Christmas :D)

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

What "attitude"? PS4 is the better console regardless. Keep in mind there's very little profit margin with console hardware, they couldn't keep PSN free forever. Running servers costs a lot of money.

Better is also subjective. Better in specifications? Yes. Better for graphical fidelity? In most titles, yes.

Then again, one would argue based upon favoritisms for exclusives on each platform. Or upon flexibility and different uses, which IMO the XB1 wins.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Id'e go for Xbone, because I hate Sony, and Halo...

Mostly Halo.

But if you don't have a good PC id'e recommend getting that over both new consoles.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

PC > Death > PS4 > Hell > Xbone

i use my PS3 alot, as a multimedia box untill i can get enough money to buy a Roku 

ok i know you will say to build an HTPC with that media OS i cant remember, but you can really beat the form factor of a roku or chromecast

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

The PS4 still has better performance. 

But as many have said.

PC > PS3 > Death > PS4 > Torture > XBOX ONE

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

The PS4 still has better performance. 

But as many have said.

PC > PS3 > Death > PS4 > Torture > XBOX ONE

why put the PS3 above the ps4

its becasue you need play station plus on the ps4 right? to play online

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

why put the PS3 above the ps4

When the PS3 came out it was not a POS. It was an $800 gaming PC stuck inside a plastic box. 

And Joureny. <3

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

When the PS3 came out it was not a POS. It was an $800 gaming PC stuck inside a plastic box. 

And Joureny. <3

ermangerd i lerv thert germ

Both M$ and $ony treat customers like idiots.

$ony at least has the better console.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

PC > Xboner Juan >= Piss Station 4

This is simply because I've always had an Xbox after dumping the PS2

Plus all my friends are on Xbox.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

IIs it better to buy the XBox One as compared to Sony's Playstation 4 just because of Sony's attitudes?

Who cares... just get the one that has the games you want to play.  

Whichever one has the games you want to play. No point of getting worked up over hardware if the library doesn't appeal to you.

IMO the PS4 & XB1 are basically the same console when you break them down, minus the XB1's cable box capability.  I've debated on buying an XB1 of it's exclusives (mainly Forza and Halo) but so far the exclusives have been a joke as I can play most (minus the two previously mentioned) on my main rig (can be seen in profile).  As others have mentioned buy whatever you're comfortable with and has exclusive that fit your gaming preference - by now the console war of XB vs PS should be squashed, really wish they'd introduce cross-platform online but doubt that'll happen.

Project Gray Scale
Intel Core i7 6900k @ 4.2Ghz - Dominator 32GB DDR4 2400 CL10 - Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB NVMe - 2 Samsung 840 EVO 1TB (Gaming and Sratch) - 2 Barracuda 2TB 
Asus x99 Deluxe - MSI Aero OC GTX 1080Ti - Seasonic 760 XP² - Mod1PC Custom Cables - EKWB CPU & GPU Blocks Nickle/Plexi - EKWB D5 PWM 
EKWB PE360 - Corsair ML120 (6)  - InWin 303- NK65 Entry Watermelon w/ Gat Laseron 70g (205g0 & Filmed) - Logitech G Pro x Superlight
Kanto YU2 - Sennheiser PC360 SE - Acer XF270HU

BUT DOES IT FOLD?! https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=963814

I don't understand the logic of the OP. Cutting the price and removing the Kinect only really puts it in-line with what the PS4 was already doing. Also the bundles are pretty varied, I don't know about the rest of the world but here looking at a couple of bundles there's a PS4 for $600AU with Little Big Planet 3, Drive Club, The Last of Us, Shadow of Mordor and Watch Dogs vs an XBOne for $500AU with AC: Unity, Black Flag, Forza 5, Halo Collection and Sunset Overdrive. Arguably the XBOne bundle is a better value they're not really that far apart. It just comes down to content in the end, so go with the ones which have the most games you want to play but can't without getting the console.

With that in mind when I look at these consoles is a library of games that I can largely get on PC anyway. I look at that list of ten games which are a good representation of the sort of games I would get for those systems and almost half of them are literally on PC, a few others where there are "equivalents" PC like Drive Club and Forza. Then I look at the Wii U library and instead it's stuff like Super Mario 3D World, Wind Waker HD, Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart, Smash Bros and it becomes obvious which console is worth getting as a PC gamer. I can't get any of those games on PC and they're also really good. So again, content is king.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

PS4, Guilty Gear Xrd, nuff' said

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

And Joureny. <3

Not only that, the PS3 contributed to the victory of Blu-ray over HD-DVD format as well

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0