Microsoft announces Windows 10 event for January 21st

AlexGoesHigh

windows10invite.0.jpg

And it seems they are going to show much more that the enterprise unveiling showed a couple of months ago, today invites were sent to the press, and a lot of the big heads at microsoft will be present, CEO Satya Nadella alongside Windows chief Terry Myerson, Xbox head Phil Spencer, and Joe Belfiore, who looks after the phone, tablet, and PC experience of Windows. all of them lead to the speculation windows is gonna be shown on a plethora of hardware including xbox as well as consumer centric feature like "Continuum"

the event will be also livestreamed

source: the verge

can't wait, it seems they are going to show a lot of stuff considering it will be livestreamed as well as having present a bunch of heads as well

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

... and nobody wants to hear the bad news that is coming possibly.  Looking for more ways to make money off an OS means I hope eventually there will be other serious players in regards to an OS for pc in the future that is easy to use.  

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Where is it going to be livestreamed?

no idea the source didn't mention it, it probably be a site MS has to set up first

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Hmmmmmmmmmm, this is wayyyyy too early for a Win10 release as far as I am concerned.

I really hope they won't be releasing a new Surface Pro though, I don't want my current gen 3 to feel outdated....

but for this to be a consumer preview also seems weird to make such a fuss about it.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

... and nobody wants to hear the bad news that is coming possibly.  Looking for more ways to make money off an OS means I hope eventually there will be other serious players in regards to an OS for pc in the future that is easy to use.  

Linux, the os of the future (and the past and present)

Hmmmmmmmmmm, this is wayyyyy too early for a Win10 release as far as I am concerned.

I really hope they won't be releasing a new Surface Pro though, I don't want my current gen 3 to feel outdated....

but for this to be a consumer preview also seems weird to make such a fuss about it.

Well since I never got Windows 8 or 8.1 the sooner they release 10 the sooner I can upgrade so it doesn't seem too soon to me.

If only it had more game support, I would switch in a heartbeat

PS: BioShock Infinite is coming to Linux xD

If only it had more game support, I would switch in a heartbeat

Coming soon to a distro near you.

Well since I never got Windows 8 or 8.1 the sooner they release 10 the sooner I can upgrade so it doesn't seem too soon to me.

I'd rather that they take some more time to polish it up. So far the enterprise preview has been alright from what I've seen, but a consumer preview would probably bring out more problems that needs fixing. Jan 10 is fast for something that has only been in tech preview for such a short time (yes I call a couple of months a short time, considering how massive the Windows OS is)

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

I'd rather that they take some more time to polish it up. So far the enterprise preview has been alright from what I've seen, but a consumer preview would probably bring out more problems that needs fixing. Jan 10 is fast for something that has only been in tech preview for such a short time (yes I call a couple of months a short time, considering how massive the Windows OS is)

I would agree but Windows 10 is really just a new shell on top of Windows 8.1 not really anything new or different and not really worth the upgrade from 8.1 unless you really hate the metro interface like I do.

I would agree but Windows 10 is really just a new shell on top of Windows 8.1 not really anything new or different and not really worth the upgrade from 8.1 unless you really hate the metro interface like I do.

tha depnds on what they show in here, this event is to bring consummer interest, depending on how that goes 10 could be much more that a simple shell above 8, also the few things technical bringed are really good they just need more polish, like every beta needs

Yes it will be more than just a shell overhaul, or so I hope. I fucking hate Win8.1, and not because of the Metro interface. I have many many problems with it, and to be honest the Start Screen really isn't one of them (never see it, I don't use it, at least on my desktop, it is alright on my tablets)

Main rig:

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

Most of you will just bootleg it anyway IDK why you think you have the right to complain about windows's direction.

Google Maps my location! 4th house from the corner on the left!

Maybe DX12 release.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Most of you will just bootleg it anyway IDK why you think you have the right to complain about windows's direction.

IDK why you think you have the right the question why they think they have the right to complain about **windows direction.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

IDK why you think you have the right the question why they think they have the right to complain about **windows direction.

Because I bet most of them, pirate it.

Except that Linux still has a tiny marketshare, and has always had one.

Every few years we hear about Linux becoming "mainstream". It hasn't happened yet. And while gaming will help it, also remember that we gamers are the 1% consumer base of Desktop computing. It's gonna really take a big "wow factor" to bring Linux into the mainstream.

Not to mention the things that make Linux great for power users actually hurt it's adoption as mainstream: Namely: Fragmentation. There are what, about 4 or 5 really popular distros, and dozens and dozens of other distros. All a little different. Some software packages will work on most of them with no trouble. Some require tweaking. Some won't work at all. It's a mess.

Ubuntu has made a lot of headway in that department by having their software centre, but many don't even like the GUI of Ubuntu. (And yes, you can change it, but do you honestly expect a regular PC user to do that? Hells no).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Because I bet most of them, pirate it.

Wow you are one of them right, even if they pirate it that doesn't gives you the right to question why they think they have the right to complain about windows direction.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I bet that linux will take over consumer, they already own server.

I find that highly unlikely. It will take a long LONG time, and a major push from a lot of the big tech companies.

And they don't "own" server. They own Web Server, for the most part (Much higher usage over Windows), but most big corporate networks still run Active Directory Domain Controllers.

Yes, Linux does have some comparable services, but they are a mess compared to Windows AD Domain Servers, with again, there being some fragmentation and proprietary solutions (Red Hat's solution, for example), or you have to build the solution yourself using some linux programs and protocols. Either way, not a great experience unless you're already heavily invested into the Linux ecosystem and a huge Linux fan.

Linux Servers are awesome, and have their place, but so to do Microsoft Servers.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Wow you are one of them right, even if they pirate it that doesn't gives you the right to question why they think they have the right to complain about windows direction.

Yes it does. They are not customers. Customers may complain.

Yes it does. They are not customers. Customers may complain.

Wow you are a customer then complain about MS not about us criticizing/complaining and pointing out mistakes.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ