Windows 8.1 can't find recovery partition

Square554

So I will try to explain the problem I am having.

I have the Asus N56vb-s4016 notebook. It came with windows 8 and also has a recovery partition for windows 8.

So about a year ago I updated to windows 8.1. However now i've come to the point that I need a factory reset. I should be able to press F9 when my laptop boots up, and then proceed with the reset.

When I try this, nothing happens. So I started doing a little bit of research and I found out it isn't able to find it or use it. ( not too sure) because of the w8.1.

Now I don't know how to fix this or how to get it working again.

The recovery files are on a 20gb partition on my HDD. So they are still there but I am unable to use them.

If anybody had the same problem, and fixed it please tell me how!

Thank you in advance,

Square554

please, too much bumping.

see if this will help

8.1 you need to do this from within the operating system. press and hold shift and click on restart. this gives you a different menu than normal, under troubleshoot the recovery should be within this. Sometime you will need to use the provided backup software that is installed on the computer to access the recovery partition. Dell's are notorious for this.

So I will try to explain the problem I am having.

I have the Asus N56vb-s4016 notebook. It came with windows 8 and also has a recovery partition for windows 8.

So about a year ago I updated to windows 8.1. However now i've come to the point that I need a factory reset. I should be able to press F9 when my laptop boots up, and then proceed with the reset.

When I try this, nothing happens. So I started doing a little bit of research and I found out it isn't able to find it or use it. ( not too sure) because of the w8.1.

Now I don't know how to fix this or how to get it working again.

The recovery files are on a 20gb partition on my HDD. So they are still there but I am unable to use them.

If anybody had the same problem, and fixed it please tell me how!

Thank you in advance,

Square554

Use the quote or multiquote, for faster responses \/ \/

please, too much bumping.

see if this will help

8.1 you need to do this from within the operating system. press and hold shift and click on restart. this gives you a different menu than normal, under troubleshoot the recovery should be within this. Sometime you will need to use the provided backup software that is installed on the computer to access the recovery partition. Dell's are notorious for this.

That's the whole point, it is unable to see it..

If windows 8.1 does not see the recovery partition then you will need to use the associated ASUS backup software that was most likely installed on the computer when you first purchased it.

If you uninstall the software, you cannot use the recovery partition. The backup software maybe on the ASUS website that you can install, read the release notes on the software they may tell you whether or not the recovery partition is available within 8.1.

That's the whole point, it is unable to see it..

Use the quote or multiquote, for faster responses \/ \/