Stuck on a 4.6GHz overclock with FX 8350 CPU. Cannot get any higher.

On 4.6 both CPU and motherboard temperatures are well below the danger levels. 47*C on CPU, 70*C on motherboard under full load(Intel burn test Max setting success).
CPU:                AMD FX 8350 Black edition
Motherboard:   ASrock 990FX Extreme9 Edition
PSU:                Seasonic S12II 620 Watts

Cooler:            Corsair H100I

RAM:               Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB (CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10)

Voltages, Frequencies, Settings and Temperatures at 4.6GHz:

===================
Frequencies:                    Voltages:

CPU:       4600MHz           CPU:       1.4620 V                 
NB:         2200MHz            CPU NB: 1.2500V
HT BUS: 2600MHz            LLC:        100%;   Other voltages(NB, HT, VDDA) Auto.
RAM:      1600MHz

Temperatures: CPU: 47*C MAX; Motherboard: 71*C MAX.

Voltages, Frequencies, Settings and Temperatures at 4.8GHz:

===================
Frequencies:                    Voltages:

CPU:       4800MHz           CPU:       Tried 1.5000-1.5352 V                
NB:         2200MHz            CPU NB: Tried 1.2500V-1.3000V
HT BUS: 2600MHz            LLC:        100%;   Other voltages(NB, HT, VDDA) Auto.Tried NB@1.2V
RAM:      1600MHz

Temperatures: CPU reached 54*C after four tests(Intel burn test "high" setting) and failed on the fifth. Motherboard temp was below 80*C. In HWmonitor Max CPU voltage only reached 1.5120V

I tried finding optimum NB, HT and VDDA voltages but found only NB voltage mentioned for a 4.8 clock in tomshardware forum saying "Using a 1.375 V CPU voltage and a 1.175 V northbridge voltage, I was able to get FX-8350 running stably at 4.8 GHz under full load.".
I'm not talking about CPU NB voltage here. As mentioned I 
Tried NB@1.2V

I'm new to overclocking. Any voltage or frequency changes?
Also tried LLC at 75% with CPU voltage set to 1.48- 1.50. It still failed the test(@4.8GHz).

UPDATE: RAM is running at XMP profile.

UPDATE 2: If anybody knows a good guide to FSB overclocking on this motherboard please mention it here. I want to see the difference in performance with multiplier vs FSB on this one.

-snip-

Not all CPUs are created equal. 

The person who could hit 4.8 stable with his CPU won the Silicon Lottery.

I mean you hitting 4.6 is still pretty decent.

Some would be able to overclock higher than you.

You're out of luck  :o

Sorry bud.

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

Not all CPUs are created equal. 

The person who could hit 4.8 stable with his CPU won the Silicon Lottery.

I mean you hitting 4.6 is still pretty decent.

Some would be able to overclock higher than you.

You're out of luck  :o

Sorry bud.

So nothing wrong with my settings then? Think anything can be changed? Frequencies or setting NB, HT, VDDA voltages manually and try?

My first overclocking which is why I posted this.

I'm running my 8350 at 4.6 right now at stock voltages.  I can hit a tick over 5 GHz.  I got extremely lucky.  My step brother cant go over 4.6 stable.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

So nothing wrong with my settings then? Think anything can be changed? Frequencies or setting NB, HT, VDDA voltages manually and try?

My first overclocking which is why I posted this.

If you cranked the voltage yet the system isn't stabilizing, there is nothing you can do.

You can cheat by returning the CPU and trying again with a new one but..

I'm running my 8350 at 4.6 right now at stock voltages.  I can hit a tick over 5 GHz.  I got extremely lucky.  My step brother cant go over 4.6 stable.

^This.

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

Nice. What voltages are you running at for NB, HT and VDDA? And what ram frequencies?

4.6GHz is excellent.

That would probably be equivalent to a 1.0GHz Intel CPU

/s

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

I can hit 4.6 with everything stock except for the multiplier.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

is the CPU Ratio Multiplier the only thing your increasing ..speed wise? Or FSB?

4.6GHz is excellent.

That would probably be equivalent to a 1.0GHz Intel CPU

/s

hahaha, now that's a real joke

is the CPU Ratio Multiplier the only thing your increasing ..speed wise? Or FSB?

I am using only the multiplier. I don't know how to do the FSB thing. I tried the FSB but No matter what HT and NB frequencies I set, I get stress test fail. 

I can't find any guide helping me with fsb overclocking.

If you cranked the voltage yet the system isn't stabilizing, there is nothing you can do.

You can cheat by returning the CPU and trying again with a new one but..

^This.

Thanks. Thought It was something I did wrong.

Tried it with the same HT and nb frequencies he has on FSB mode and got stress test fail.

Of course it did, what where you thinking. All processors are created differently. You cannot just go and replicate the settings and then expect it to work. You have to tailor the overclock to your own chip. With that set up you should be able to really put it to the max, but since all you can achieve is 4.6GHz, than that is the maximum. There is no point of trying if your processor simply doesn't have it in it. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Of course it did, what where you thinking. All processors are created differently. You cannot just go and replicate the settings and then expect it to work. You have to tailor the overclock to your own chip. With that set up you should be able to really put it to the max, but since all you can achieve is 4.6GHz, than that is the maximum. There is no point of trying if your processor simply doesn't have it in it. 

Yup. OriginalPromise already established the fact that my CPU overclock has reached its limit. Sorry for my last reply. It was very unclear what I intended to say.

What I forgot to mention properly was that in the FSB overclocking method showed in Jayz TwoCents video, I could not get even a 4.2GHz stable overclock using NB and HT frequencies closer(more or less) to defaults(I tweaked around with the frequencies).

So something wrong with my motherboard settings maybe? I can only get the multiplier overclock to work. 

I will ask about this to ASrock customer support.

Thank you all.

• 2 months later...

Yeah, I get 4.6 on this MB at stock voltages no problem just using the Auto overclocking settings. Haven't tried over volting yet, but crashes at 4.8 at stock voltages sometimes during boot, sometimes after. I've even gotten into a game of battlefield 4 and THEN it crashed. So, it's not like it's THAT far off.

I'm sure it would be stable with over volting. This motherboard has been stellar so far. It's made of all premium parts.

My previous board, an ASUS M5A78L-M USB3 was supposed to be overclockable but would never go above 4.2 without crashing after more than 20 minutes. I thought I had a bad CPU until I replaced the Motherboard. Suddenly everything works fine and my processor is rock solid and overclocks like a champ! At 4.6 with a Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo (best CPU cooler for the money - hands down!) it never goes Above 54C under full load SO far. Knock on wood!

I'm gonna try for 5.0 for sure! That's why I bought an FX-8350 in the first place.

Good luck to you.

In 1978, when I was ten, I was playing Pong, listening to records or adjusting the rabbit ears so I could watch one of the three channels on T.V., but that was only if I was sick, it was raining, or I was grounded; otherwise I was outside playing with my friends! Make your kids (or your Grandkids) go outside and play for God's sake!