Overclocking my gtx 980

wretchedwilly

Ok, it happened.... I bought a gtx 980. Anyways, I have been searching for people's overclock of their EVGA 980 acx 2.0 super clocked edition, and I can't find much of anything.... I want to use the EVGA overclock utility, which makes it really nice and easy, but I want an idea of what overclocks I will be expecting. NO water, just the stock cooler. Anyone here have any references? Anyone here overclock their 980? 

I got my strix 980 up to 1546MHz Boost Core and 1890Mhz Memory clock. Doesnt get over 67c when looping Unigine Valley, or above 63c when doing a single Unigine valley benchmark.

Although that is meaningless to your performance. You really do need to do all of the work to safely find your cards limits.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

hi mate, have you downloaded the EVGA precision OC software?

I5 3570K@ 4.4 - GIGABYTE Z77- Kingston 8G 2400 RAM - MSI GTX980 - HAF-X - 27'' ROG SWIFT + 32'' LG IPS - OCZ 250G SSD + WD 4TB HDD - ASUS XONAR DX -Noctua NH-D14

@wretchedwilly Welcome to the forum, great username lol.

You may want to hit the "follow this thread" button near the upper right so you get notifications when people respond to your thread.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

@wretchedwilly Welcome to the forum, great username lol.

You may want to hit the "follow this thread" button near the upper right so you get notifications when people respond to your thread.

Thanks for the advice! I did not know that!

I got my strix 980 up to 1546MHz Boost Core and 1890Mhz Memory clock. Doesnt get over 67c when looping Unigine Valley, or above 63c when doing a single Unigine valley benchmark.

Although that is meaningless to your performance. You really do need to do all of the work to safely find your cards limits.

Thanks. How would you suggest I go about this. I.E in increments etc... This will be my first legit Overclock, so Im going in cold basically. What Benchmark do you use to test for artifacting? I used uniengine heaven 4.0.

hi mate, have you downloaded the EVGA precision OC software?

My card comes in tomorrow, I'lll be downloading it then.