Corsair M65 vs SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) vs SteelSeries Rival vs Roccat Kone Pure (Optical)

Hi,

Soon I will have my new gaming PC but, after hours of research I just cannot decide on a gaming mouse. I am 14 years old so I have small hands and it has been hard to find a good mouse which ticks all my boxes. I will play FPS games, RPG's such as Skyrim and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor and general all-round games like Assassin's Creed, Alien: Isolation, etc. Here are the mice I have on my mind:

• Steelseries Rival
  • Steelseries Sensei (RAW, as I am on a budget)
  • Corsair Vengeance M65
  • Roccat Kone Pure

I would've had the new Razer Deathadder Chroma but a lot of people say Razer products are overrated and poor quality, I have discarded it. Help??

Hi,

Soon I will have my new gaming PC but, after hours of research I just cannot decide on a gaming mouse. I am 14 years old so I have small hands and it has been hard to find a good mouse which ticks all my boxes. I will play FPS games, RPG's such as Skyrim and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor and general all-round games like Assassin's Creed, Alien: Isolation, etc. Here are the mice I have on my mind:

• Steelseries Rival
  • Steelseries Sensei (RAW, as I am on a budget)
  • Corsair Vengeance M65
  • Roccat Kone Pure

I would've had the new Razer Deathadder Chroma but a lot of people say Razer products are overrated and poor quality, I have discarded it. Help?

I used to have the Sensei Raw and now I have the m65. The m65 is a much better mouse. I would get it if at all possible.

I used to have the Sensei Raw and now I have the m65. The m65 is a much better mouse. I would get it if at all possible.

OK thanks, any thoughts on the Roccat?

Weird question, but how do you hold your mouse? I have larger hands, but I still prefer a smaller mouse (fingertips are the only part of my hand making contact with the mouse). If your looking for a smaller mouse i'd check out the CM Storm Spawn. Fairly small mouse, but it has an excellent sensor build in and its pretty inexpensive. 

I've had a SS Sensei, and I loved it. I'm not a very big fan of the M65 primarily due to the fact it uses a laser sensor. I can't stand the acceleration on laser mice, however slight it may be.

I don't know too much about the Roccat branded mice. Never used one personally however I have heard good things about them.

I've used soooo many mice xD

I recommend the Corsair Raptor M65 too. Never heard of the Roccat before so I have no opinion on it. 

PC Specs: 

CPU: i7-9700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM: 16GB's Team T-Force Vulcan 3000MHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Edition  | Storage: 500GB WD Caviar Blue | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Crucial BX200 240GB SSD | OS: Windows 10 64-bit  | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Headphones: Sennheiser HD 598 Special Edition's, HD 598 Cs | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire XT MX Blues Monitors: Acer GN246HL 144Hz, Acer G226HQLBbd 60Hz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

The rocket is great idk the size of your hand but it's smaller. The larger variant is the kind xtd optical.

Weird question, but how do you hold your mouse? I have larger hands, but I still prefer a smaller mouse (fingertips are the only part of my hand making contact with the mouse). If your looking for a smaller mouse i'd check out the CM Storm Spawn. Fairly small mouse, but it has an excellent sensor build in and its pretty inexpensive. 

I've had a SS Sensei, and I loved it. I'm not a very big fan of the M65 primarily due to the fact it uses a laser sensor. I can't stand the acceleration on laser mice, however slight it may be.

I don't know too much about the Roccat branded mice. Never used one personally however I have heard good things about them.

Thanks, I'm kind of inbetween a claw and fingertip user, but I'll be happy to palm if the mouse is slightly larger. I'll keep looking, the Steelseries mice are catching my eye a lot. 

Hardware wise the rival and roccat are the best.

I recommend the Corsair Raptor M65 too. Never heard of the Roccat before so I have no opinion on it. 

Corsair Vengeance* I've heard a lot of complaints about the sniper button and laser sensor on the M65 though?

Hardware wise the rival and roccat are the best.

OK thanks, I'm leaning torwards the SS mice

Is this a dupe thread because I think it is.

for fps games laser mice are no go,

i'd choose the rival, roccat kone military, corsair vengeance m45 depending on shape preference

Corsair Vengeance* I've heard a lot of complaints about the sniper button and laser sensor on the M65 though?

That I can't vouch for, I can only say that I know a few people who use them and it was the most recommended mouse to me when I was looking to get a new mouse. If you have a computer store near where you live maybe go there and see if you can try some mice out.

PC Specs: 

CPU: i7-9700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM: 16GB's Team T-Force Vulcan 3000MHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Edition  | Storage: 500GB WD Caviar Blue | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Crucial BX200 240GB SSD | OS: Windows 10 64-bit  | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Headphones: Sennheiser HD 598 Special Edition's, HD 598 Cs | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire XT MX Blues Monitors: Acer GN246HL 144Hz, Acer G226HQLBbd 60Hz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

for fps games laser mice are no go,

i'd choose the rival, roccat kone military, corsair vengeance m45 depending on shape preference

The Roccat Kone Pure Military goes up to 5000dpi as an optical sensor, does it really need to go any higher because most other high end gaming mice are around 8000dpi??

That I can't vouch for, I can only say that I know a few people who use them and it was the most recommended mouse to me when I was looking to get a new mouse. If you have a computer store near where you live maybe go there and see if you can try some mice out.

Alright ta

Higher sensors are really nice if you play on a very high resolution. Other then that it's just a higher quality sensor.

I play on a 1080p monitor at around 2200 dpi personally.

OK thanks, any thoughts on the Roccat?

Sorry, no. Never used it. Before the sensei raw I just used crap mice.

OK thanks, I'm leaning torwards the SS mice

The Rival Is basically a bigger deathadder with a squred off back

The sensei is a laser mouse too, you know that? 

If you can get the corsair m65, then check out the logitech g502. I got it after testing the m65 and g502 for a week, and returned the m65 due to hardware acceleration which is in all laser mice. Hardware acceleration makes the movement of your cursor inconsistent to the movement of your mouse by deviation of about 5-6%. It really impacts muscle memory. The g502 is a solid gaming mouse that you won't regret buying.

Steelseries rival would be my second choice. The rgb led's look cool, and it also has no hardware acceleration (also, I'm a steelseries fan). It's just simple and good looking. The kone pure is good too, but it's too small and light for me.

I like the Sensei

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

A lot of people hate on Razer, but in truth the deathadder is a spectacular mouse and you shouldn't disregard it. I bought the m65 not so long ago but went back to my deathadder again because it is simply better. 

I have the Roccat, can't fault it really. Great sensor, RGB lights are a bonus and feels great  :)

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

The roccat kone pure military is a great mouse. It uses a different (better) sensor then the kone pure optical, kone pure color, or just plain kone pure. and comes in 3 different colors

the zowie fk1 is another great, smallish mouse.

the mionix avior 7000 (do not get the 8200) is another great smallish mouse

pictures of a logitech g302 are beginning to surface, so likely to be released soon, and is smallish and will likely have a great sensor if the last 4 mice they've released is any indication

of the 4 you listed assuming you don't include the kone pure military and just the kone pure optical, the Rival has the best sensor. The Rival is pretty long though and doesn't have the best quality control. The kone pure optical is the 2nd best. The other 2 have pretty significant inconsistent acceleration and i can't really recommend them.