Anyone have any Sharkoon fans?

79wjd

With the exception of @Snef I've never seen anyone else use/recommend Sharkoon fans, but I noticed they're on Massdrop, and they look awesome...and I'm in need of one fan (albeit a case fan, so probably not a great choice), and would certainly consider replacing my Seidon 240m stock fans with them....

So has anyone else used them, and if so how would you rate them? Are they loud? Good against a radiator? Undervolt well? other? 

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/sharkoon-blade-fans

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

They're 'dreadful' according to SilentPCReview: http://www.silentpcreview.com/article1397-page4.html

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

A friend of mine has a cheap Sharkoon PC case and it's very loud.

They're 'dreadful' according to SilentPCReview: http://www.silentpcreview.com/article1397-page4.html

A friend of mine has a cheap Sharkoon PC case and it's very loud.

Thats a shame....Both these and the Aerocool DS fans are looking like terrible (but excellent looking) choices :/ 

Although...A couple reviews I've read (including Kitguru) rates the DS fans as being very good; but I've heard of at least two bad instances.... 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Thats a shame....Both these and the Aerocool DS fans are looking like terrible (but excellent looking) choices :/ 

Although...A couple reviews I've read (including Kitguru) rates the DS fans as being very good; but I've heard of at least two bad instances.... 

From what I've seen, it seems the DS fans are alright but nothing spectacular and are pricey for the looks rather than the noise signature or performance. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

they are not the best I term of performance but they are good, they do the job

for noise

not dead silent but they are not loud, similar to Bitefenix Spectre pro, BUT.. they don't make any hum on whine on Rad and this is a very good thing, sound is very good and soft,

on fan controller, they are very quiet at 70% and very silent under 65%

for performance on Radiator

frst if you have a low fin Radiator

seriously a good fan vs average fan will not make a big difference

after built a lot of watercooled PC with best fan on market vs not the worst but not the best

I can tel you its not so important, not sure if the best give you 2c cooler than the average one

for 1c or 2c, I always choose the best looking fan, for sure if they are silent

ahh sure the Gentle typhon will give you maybe 1.5c lower temp vs the sharkoon but the gentle typhon are so ugly

for high fin rad, its another story, these rad need a real performance and need a good fan with good static pressure

but these are not for silent computer, I try to stay away from these rad

some temp I have with my Sharkoon

I have CPU (I5-4690k), memory and 2 gtx 980 on 2 radiator (2 x RX360)

room temp: 20c

idle:

CPU: 23c

GPU1: 24c

GPU2: 25c

full load (15 minute of AIDA64 and Valley)

CPU: 37c

GPU1: 40c

GPU2: 41c

Full load (45 minute of AIDA64 and Valley)

CPU: 41c

GPU1: 44c

GPU2: 44c

like I said, my Sharkoon fans do the job and very well

its the best temp performance pc I ever built

My Build Logs

Snef Bloody Angel --- Sand of God --- Red Poseidon --- Purple Chimera BOTM July 26 2013 --- Icy Blue Angel BOTM May 10 2013 --- Extremmme Red DemonBOTM March 29 2013