Can you help me find a gaming headset that fits my preferences?

Xyes

I have been using a wireless Logitech G930 for a year and a half.  I love this headset, but the build quality isn't good enough for me.  I've had to RMA it twice before because the build quality left much to be desired and the RMA unit I received 3 months ago just broke again.  It's also got a few driver related issues that I firmly believe Logitech will never fix.

I feel like I've been spoiled by the headset.  I've gotten really accustomed to the wireless aspect, I sometimes bring it around my house.  I've grown really accustomed to the sidetone (when it isn't on, it drives me bananas).  My first gaming headset was actually the Turtle Beach X31 which I hooked up to my PC.  That's probably what made me get used to having sidetone on circumaural headsets.  

I also have negative feelings against 3.5mm headsets because I dislike the outoging fuzz that usually accompanies it.  From all that I've experienced, USB mics never have annoying noises.  I feel that having a good mic is important to others I communicate with.

tl;dr I want:

-Would like wireless but if I tried I could probably go back to wired

-Circumaural headphones with sidetone cause I don't like sounding muffled

-Much preferably USB

-Good quality mic

Price range isn't set in stone.  I will leave a preferred budget of up to $150.  Not sure if I would go above $200 for anything that isn't wireless.

Am I asking for too much?  Do you think I will need to settle for less?

I bought a Kingston HyperX Cloud for my sister and I have tried it for a good amount of time.  It's a great headset but I am not fond of the mic.  

In comparison to my G930 mic it is:

-very quiet

-accompanied by background hiss

-PC audio bleeds into the mic at times

-breathing sounds into the mic are very annoying

Thanks for taking the time to read!

Is a pair of headphones and a standalone mic an option?

| i5 4690K 4,4Ghz | Gtx 680 Msi twin frozr Oc edition | Kingston HyperX 2 x 4 Gb | Asus Z97-A | Seagate Barracuda 1 TB| Samsung 840 EVO SSD 120GB | Fractal Design Integra 750 W | All gently placed with great fright inside a Fractal Design Define R4 |

| ProJect Head Box S USB with Hifiman HE-400's plugged in | Check profile page for more Audio shizzle(dizzle) |

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

budget?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Linus has a lot of reviews, go check his channel linustechtips in youtube.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

budget?

Price range isn't set in stone.  I will leave a preferred budget of up to $150.  Not sure if I would go above $200 for anything that isn't wireless.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

You guys work fast.  Thanks again!

Those look enticing, I'll take a listen to his video.

Is a pair of headphones and a standalone mic an option?

That is an option indeed.

Linus has a lot of reviews, go check his channel linustechtips in youtube.

I will do that right now.

try finding headphones you like and slap a modmic on them. if you dont find something you like in that budget the 2100s arent a bad choice. i would recommend saving up more money to spend them an h wireless or one of audiotechnicas gaming headsets

try finding headphones you like and slap a modmic on them. if you dont find something you like in that budget the 2100s arent a bad choice. i would recommend saving up more money to spend them an h wireless or one of audiotechnicas gaming headsets

I was considering a modmic.  Worried about hiss noise but I will look into it.  I certainly am getting very fond of the H wireless.  Haven't checked out the Technicas yet, but I will watch Linus' review.

That is an option indeed.

Well then i suggest Sennheiser Hd558's or BeyerDynamic DT770 pro 80 or 32 ohms(might go over budget but felt like adding it here anyways) and modmic or one of those cheap logitech mics, which btw don't sound bad.

If you dont like open headphones then i say custom ones.

| i5 4690K 4,4Ghz | Gtx 680 Msi twin frozr Oc edition | Kingston HyperX 2 x 4 Gb | Asus Z97-A | Seagate Barracuda 1 TB| Samsung 840 EVO SSD 120GB | Fractal Design Integra 750 W | All gently placed with great fright inside a Fractal Design Define R4 |

| ProJect Head Box S USB with Hifiman HE-400's plugged in | Check profile page for more Audio shizzle(dizzle) |

Well then i suggest Sennheiser Hd558's or BeyerDynamic DT770 pro 80 or 32 ohms(might go over budget but felt like adding it here anyways) and modmic or one of those cheap logitech mics, which btw don't sound bad.

If you dont like open headphones then i say custom ones.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I don't think I need those headphones as they seem to exceed my preferences.  

I actually just remembered Black Friday is coming up.  Maybe I'll get a nice deal on a premium set.