h100i led flickering/flashing cpu fan error

Creepz

My h100i was running perfectly fine previously, then I dumbly unplugged my fans from the pump y splitter while the system was on, and the led turned off. After that I rebooted and my led flicker on and then flickered off and gave me a cpu fan error. In my bios, it flickers that the pump is running 2500rpms to nothing, I kept restarting my computer and eventual I got into windows but my led is still flickering on and off, then I rebooted again and it gave me the same old cpu fan error. Once i'm into windows, the temps are perfectly normal and identical to what they were yesterday. Anyone have any clue to what's going on? Everything is plugged in, pump to fan header, fans into y splitter, corsair link, addition power.

• CPU
    i7 3770K @4.5 Ghz
  • Motherboard
    z77 Asus Sabertooth
  • RAM
    16 gbs, Ripjawsx 1600mhz
  • GPU
    GTX 970 STRIX SLI
  • Case
    Corsair 600t
  • Storage
    3x 120 GB ssds, 1TB Black, 1.5TB Seagate
  • PSU
    ABS Majesty 1100 watt Gold
  • Display(s)
    3x 1080p
  • Cooling
    Corsair h100i
  • Keyboard
    Corsair k90
  • Mouse
    Steel series rival
  • Sound
    Steel series v2, Asus xonor dx
  • Operating System
    Windows 8.1

reupload the firmware

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

reupload the firmware

Reupload the firmware? Update my h100i firmware?

Reupload the firmware? Update my h100i firmware?

yeah

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

yeah

I don't think corsair link is recognizing the h100i, so updating firmware isn't possible.

b4e01cb2b3.jpg

I don't think corsair link is recognizing the h100i, so updating firmware isn't possible.

which version of corsair link are you using?

downgrade to 2.4.5110 then follow the instructions here to update the firmware:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/12632-do-you-have-h100i-h80i-problems-look-here-before-posting/

Spoiler

which version of corsair link are you using?

downgrade to 2.4.5110 then follow the instructions here to update the firmware:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/12632-do-you-have-h100i-h80i-problems-look-here-before-posting/

I downgraded to that version, where can I find the firmware I need? Using your guide directs me to a page I don't have access to view on corsairs website, I created an account on there too.

I downgraded to that version, where can I find the firmware I need? Using your guide directs me to a page I don't have access to view on corsairs website, I created an account on there too.

Hm thats really weird, I didnt notice corsair removed that firmware update topic...

k well then I guess the only option would be to RMA...you used to be able tor eload the firmware and that fixed everything but I guess corsair doesnt want people doing that any more... :(

Spoiler

Edit: This is from this post and Corsair Link not beeing recognized by Windows 8/8.1 is (was?) a common issue.
Might be worth mentioning:

cut and paste from Corsair:

Go into the registry and look for HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04. For each port/path string you see under this (numbers and ampersands smushed together), open the "Device Parameters" and change the FOUR DWORD settings to 0 (AllowIdleIrpInD3, DeviceSelectiveSuspended, EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled, SelectiveSuspendEnabled). Reboot.

Windows 8.1 enables Selective Suspend on HID devices by default now, which is not supported on the current firmware of the H80i and H100i. I can confirm that this bug does not appear to exist with the older H80/H100 and USB Commander. Connectivity still isn't perfect, so I'm hoping that there's going to be a firmware update soon to fix this properly.

If it don't work then hope it did not damage your OS.  

Corsair George has posted that they are working on a beta update

I dk if they've fixed it yet, because I'm no longer using that software.

Also: Mine worked by just unplugging and plugging in again of the USB/CL-Cable (while the PC was running) and as long as I didn't reboot. But working in/on a running machine isn't advisable.

Edit: This is from this post and Corsair Link not beeing recognized by Windows 8/8.1 is (was?) a common issue.
Might be worth mentioning:

I dk if they've fixed it yet, because I'm no longer using that software.

Also: Mine worked by just unplugging and plugging in again of the USB/CL-Cable (while the PC was running) and as long as I didn't reboot. But working in/on a running machine isn't advisable.

My corsair link was working fine before and I tried doing that so I don't think that's the issue. That used to resolve windows 8.1 being incompatible with corsair link, and I had to use that before corsair fixed the issue. I no longer get any cpu errors oddly enough, I just have a corsair logo constantly flashing at uneven timings.

My corsair link was working fine before and I tried doing that so I don't think that's the issue. That used to resolve windows 8.1 being incompatible with corsair link, and I had to use that before corsair fixed the issue. I no longer get any cpu errors oddly enough, I just have a corsair logo constantly flashing at uneven timings.

Oh, ok, thanks for the update. Didn't know about the 8.1-fix (as said, I didn't use the software since win 8).

FYI: Those 2500RPM are a little on the high site (normal is ~2200-2300RPM).

I would let it run for a (not too long) while and keep an Eye on the RPMs. If it's not changing, contact Corsair support.

There is a official update from Corsair a long time ago I downloaded version 2.6.5214, that's the one I have and it been working fine with Windows 8.1.

But you can get the latest version from here http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/support/downloads , not tried it yet tho.

Cry Havoc!