Windows 8.1 and corsair link help

Xtreme Gamer

I upgraded to windows 8.1. I really like it so far. Only problem I've noticed is that corsair link wont work. I have done research and people say that it doesn't work with 8.1. Does anyone know how to get around the compatibility problem at all? I just want to adjust fan speeds so I doesn't overheat.

Thanks for any help!!!!

I7-6700k, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, 2 x 8GB Corsair Dominator Plantinum ram, ASUS GTX 960 STRIX, sound blaster zx, 1TB boot drive ssd, 128GB/256GB storage ssd, 1TB storage HDD, 4TB of storage (backup),Windows 10 Pro,1000w psu

Put it into compatability mode?

Otherwise, yeh, you are screwed, and another victim of windows 8.1

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

There is a work around but it's long and it's not 100%, just wait for the update from Corsair.

Cry Havoc!

There is a work around but it's long and it's not 100%, just wait for the update from Corsair.

What is the work around? Please tell me

I7-6700k, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, 2 x 8GB Corsair Dominator Plantinum ram, ASUS GTX 960 STRIX, sound blaster zx, 1TB boot drive ssd, 128GB/256GB storage ssd, 1TB storage HDD, 4TB of storage (backup),Windows 10 Pro,1000w psu

cut and paste from Corsair:

Go into the registry and look for HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04. For each port/path string you see under this (numbers and ampersands smushed together), open the "Device Parameters" and change the FOUR DWORD settings to 0 (AllowIdleIrpInD3, DeviceSelectiveSuspended, EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled, SelectiveSuspendEnabled). Reboot.

Windows 8.1 enables Selective Suspend on HID devices by default now, which is not supported on the current firmware of the H80i and H100i. I can confirm that this bug does not appear to exist with the older H80/H100 and USB Commander. Connectivity still isn't perfect, so I'm hoping that there's going to be a firmware update soon to fix this properly.

If it don't work then hope it did not damage your OS.  

Corsair George has posted that they are working on a beta update

Cry Havoc!

Go into the registry and look for HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04. For each port/path string you see under this (numbers and ampersands smushed together), open the "Device Parameters" and change the FOUR DWORD settings to 0 (AllowIdleIrpInD3, DeviceSelectiveSuspended, EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled, SelectiveSuspendEnabled). Reboot.

Windows 8.1 enables Selective Suspend on HID devices by default now, which is not supported on the current firmware of the H80i and H100i. I can confirm that this bug does not appear to exist with the older H80/H100 and USB Commander. Connectivity still isn't perfect, so I'm hoping that there's going to be a firmware update soon to fix this properly.

Is there any other way to manually adjust fan speed then?

no idea I could not get it to work my self as after 2 day's all my fan's (including the 3 fans on my GPU) was on at 100% all the time, had to do a refresh to get back to normal.

As I said its not 100% working and best to wait for the official release from Corsair.

Cry Havoc!

no idea I could not get it to work my self as after 2 day's all my fan's (including the 3 fans on my GPU) was on at 100% all the time, had to do a refresh to get back to normal.

As I said its not 100% working and best to wait for the official release from Corsair.

Ok, but how do you think some people got it to work for them using the method?

Ok, but how do you think some people got it to work for them using the method?

it could be anything from motherboard to just luck, best to leave it till its sorted at Corsair side

Cry Havoc!

it could be anything from motherboard to just luck, best to leave it till its sorted at Corsair side

Put it into compatability mode?

Otherwise, yeh, you are screwed, and another victim of windows 8.1

anyone think that if I upgrade corsairlink software to Version 2.4.5110 from current Version I might get control again?

anyone think that if I upgrade corsairlink software to Version 2.4.5110 from current Version I might get control again?

OK I have that version and am running Windows 8.1 and it makes no difference, its something to do with windows 8.1 just leave it till Corsair has fixed it, it could a few more weeks yet, the other option is go back to windows 8 (presuming you can with a refresh).

Cry Havoc!

I bumped into the same problem. Power outage corrupted my Windows install, so I had to re-install W8.1. When upgrading from 8 to 8.1, this never happened. 

corsairlinkw81.png

Fresh install. Haven't even activated it yet. :P

Just so I can understand more from what you just posted. Did you do the registry hack to get link back? If not. How did you get corsair link control back? Also, what version of corsair link do you have?

After some haphazard sequence of uninstalling and reinstalling Link, that registry hack worked out for me.  Definitely try reinstalling and/or upgrading to the latest release candidate software (2.4.5110).  It should work.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

After some haphazard sequence of uninstalling and reinstalling Link, that registry hack worked out for me.  Definitely try reinstalling and/or upgrading to the latest release candidate software (2.4.5110).  It should work.

I did a upgrade to (2.4.5110) and no control over speeds at all... Any ideas still?

I did the reg hack Torg posted. Worked perfectly. I have 2.4.5110.

So no bad side effects? just good ones? Sorry, im just hesitant when messing with the registry. Im sure everyone here knows what you risk when messin with it. Are you sure nothing bad happened when you did it and rebooted?

Nothing bad so far. I've rebooted several times due to Windows updates and it's working fine still. If you're in doubt, you can always create a backup of the registry by exporting it, then edit the reg files. If something goes wrong, you can easily import the backup and everything's back to normal.

How do i backup, export, and restore registry? I didn't even know you could do that.

So no bad side effects? just good ones? Sorry, im just hesitant when messing with the registry. Im sure everyone here knows what you risk when messin with it. Are you sure nothing bad happened when you did it and rebooted?

Oh, wait, you haven't done the registry tweak yet?  I assumed you did that already.

You need to.  It's not gonna work otherwise.

Just do exactly what's listed in the earlier post and you'll be golden.  You're not gonna bork your OS.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, wait, you haven't done the registry tweak yet?  I assumed you did that already.

You need to.  It's not gonna work otherwise.

Just do exactly what's listed in the earlier post and you'll be golden.  You're not gonna bork your OS.

Quick question... After reg tweak. Do I uninstall link, reboot, install link, reboot then done? If not, what order should I do it in then?