Do YOU have H100i / H80i problems? LOOK HERE before posting

Hey everyone!

If you have an issue with your H100i or H80i READ THIS POST before RMA!

There are many people who have issues with their corsair cooler. I have had all these problems, and fixed them. Some of the issues include:

-Fans on max

-Link not detecting the device (Can't configure anything of your cooler)

-Wrong block LED colours

-Fan rattling noise (it is not the pump)

The solution to the first 3 problems is to update the firmware of your cooler. (Try changing the USB header first, it sometimes works for some cases)

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=115836

It took me a long time to find this download on the corsair forums.

Use Corsair Link, go to Options > Devices > Update Firmware and choose your H100i/H80i. Select the H??i_V1.0.5.S19 file you downloaded, and click ok.

Reminder: you need the latest version of Corsair Link that has support for the H100i and H80i.

The rattling noise of the fans can be fixed by running the fans on motherboard headers or direct power from your PSU. Replacing the fans will allow you to still use the pwm control of the H-i cooler, without the noise. (That is what I did)

I hope this helps many people and their problems! If you have any questions just ask :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

My H100i came with latest firmware and have had no issues at all so far..... 

Random question Enderman, Did your H100i Come with PWM 4pin fans?

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

Links Current 5960X Old FX9590

My H100i came with latest firmware and have had no issues at all so far..... 

Random question Enderman, Did your H100i Come with PWM 4pin fans?

Yes

They are the grey fans similar to their sp series, except a bit cheaper.

I replaced them with some arctic cooling pwm fans, and now it is completely silent.

Also, my H100i worked fine when I got it. After about 2 months of 24/7 use the firmware got screwed up somehow...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

H100 had a pump ratling noise, if your power supply gave out more than 12 V on molex.

• 1 month later...

My H100i's LEDs are really glitchy. I want them to be set to white... they worked initially before I updated the Link software, but they were slightly yellow during that time so I'm considering red. I updated the Link software to 2.3.4816 and the firmware with the provided link, and now the LED will only show a blue color regardless of what I try to set it to.

H80i fans sounded like a jet engine.

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

• 2 weeks later...

Use Corsair Link, go to Options > Devices > Update Firmware and choose your H100i/H80i. Select the H??i_V1.0.5.S19 file you downloaded, and click ok.

How can I update firmware when the H100i isn't being noticed by Corsair Link. (says Corsair H80i/H100i is not connected)

How can I update firmware when the H100i isn't being noticed by Corsair Link. (says Corsair H80i/H100i is not connected)

Do you have a Asus mobo with AI suite running?

MSI. Although when I turned my PC on this morning it was magically detected for the first time in 2 days so I jumped at the opportunity and upgraded the firmware straight away. Works fine now!

EDIT: Does not work fine, although now giving me the appropriate dials and readouts for the H100i and while I was able to control them for the duration of the first boot, since restarting my PC I have lost control of them again.

Could someone tell me if you need to keep the Link cable plugged in for the LED to stay the colour you set it? Can you uninstall Corsair link software and it'll keep the colour you set it? Cheers

Could someone tell me if you need to keep the Link cable plugged in for the LED to stay the colour you set it? Can you uninstall Corsair link software and it'll keep the colour you set it? Cheers

no, you only need the cable if you want to monitor the pump rpm, or actively customize the settings

if you unplug it, it should stay on the last settings you saved

Spoiler

Hey everyone!

If you have an issue with your H100i or H80i READ THIS POST before RMA!

There are many people who have issues with their corsair cooler. I have had all these problems, and fixed them. Some of the issues include:

-Fans on max

-Link not detecting the device (Can't configure anything of your cooler)

-Wrong block LED colours

-Fan rattling noise (it is not the pump)

The solution to the first 3 problems is to update the firmware of your cooler. (Try changing the USB header first, it sometimes works for some cases)

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=115836

It took me a long time to find this download on the corsair forums.

Reminder: you need the latest version of Corsair Link that has support for the H100i and H80i.

The rattling noise of the fans can be fixed by running the fans on motherboard headers or direct power from your PSU. Replacing the fans will allow you to still use the pwm control of the H-i cooler, without the noise. (That is what I did)

I hope this helps many people and their problems! If you have any questions just ask :)

I am going to replace my fans of my h100i with black noctua's as soon as they come out so I can manage a few annoying noises for a while. 

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

I just got the h100i a week ago, and it was working great for a couple of days, after that whenever i turn my pc on it usually starts blinking red. (dunno if it's significant but on startup there's also a rattling noise that goes away after the system posts. not sure it's coming from the h100 though)

After that there's two routes it usually goes:

The first one - my pc boots up, but the h100i is still blinking red, and CorsairLink reports 0 for the pump and fans (the fans are spinning btw)

BUT usually in a couple of minutes it suddenly clicks on and everything works fine untill i turn my pc off again.

The second one - my pc doesnt boot up and reports a "CPU cooler not detected"

I see that everyone is talking about the firmware update but i cant seem to find anything newer than 1.0.5 which is what Link says i have

Using it with a 4670K on Sabertooth Z87.

Had my H80i under a year and the LED light on mine has died, no longer lights up. Not a deal breaker though as the pump etc still functions :)

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

• 2 months later...

Hey guyz,

If u are having issues with Hxx installation, u can try a simple thing:

I been using h80 1 year now and i had lots of issues for many reasons but all got fixed, when i decided that my fans should go str8 on the motherboard and not on the corsair. Just plug the Hxx with ur cpu fan pin connector and to psu and thats about it. U can control ur fans rpm with an external software or most likely with ur motherboard's software.

*For those that own ASUS motherboard, AI fan Xpert works great like this (although is buggy in general, Fan xpert works with no bugs).

If u are worried about the color too much, i have to say this: 1st noone will notice the colo of ur cooler lmao and 2nd u need to get ur computer running with no issues. Isnt that the thing we are all after anyways? :D

I hope this was kinda helpful!

my fans aren't even plugged into corsair link, (h100i) and it is the pump that rattles, tried latest firmware still does it, even after a windows re-install still does it if my pc is turned off for more than like 10hours, just gonna wait til I can buy all my watercooling supplies before I RMA it.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

my fans aren't even plugged into corsair link, (h100i) and it is the pump that rattles, tried latest firmware still does it, even after a windows re-install still does it if my pc is turned off for more than like 10hours, just gonna wait til I can buy all my watercooling supplies before I RMA it.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1236923/corsair-h100-h80-h60-noise-grinding-pump-fix-official-corsair-response

Check this out, might has something to do with the voltage. When u say rattle how noticeable it is? Cause mine also at full speed fans does a squirl noise (idk how to describle it) but its like nothing u need to pay attention to hear it.

• 2 months later...

Hello, i had my h100i working reasonably well (loud as hell under load) but after going to windows 8 ive opened corsair link and there is no option to change my LED color scheme

| CM Storm Trooper | MSI GD45 | 4670k @4.3Ghz h100i | MSI 780 Gaming Edition | Antec Greenwatts 650watts | 250GB Samsung Evo SSD 1.5tb 5400RPM | Asus VE278H | Logitch, G400s, G710, Z623 speakers|

have had all of these problems and rma'd twice because as much as this product makes me mad corsair does have excellent stuff and a great return policy. unfortunately the leds have gone crazy again and corsair link no longer finds the h100i and i cant return this one because of the fan headers on the block one of them works great the other on the other hand had the housing fall out in shipping and i didnt notice it until i went to plug in more fans and the pins inside the block bent way in. most of the problems you listed are covered by rma though and thats what i would do its just easier unless you live outside the country. its a buggy little product just wait i think the next will be better 

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV

Hello, i had my h100i working reasonably well (loud as hell under load) but after going to windows 8 ive opened corsair link and there is no option to change my LED color scheme

is corsair link 2 compatible with windows 8?

if it is, you should be able to access the h100i's led by clicking several times on the 'h100i led 1' rectangle

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

I am using Asus Sabertooth z77 mobo. I've tried 3 different USB headers on the motherboard and the Corsair Link still Can't detect my H100i. Is there a fix for this?

I am using Asus Sabertooth z77 mobo. I've tried 3 different USB headers on the motherboard and the Corsair Link still Can't detect my H100i. Is there a fix for this?

There is a known issues with AI suite and corsair link working together..